Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legit PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Legit PFD?

After sending three PFDs to Harvard Collections for an old Sprint bill, they finally responded with what I'm pretty sure is a PFD agreement.  The letter starts off by saying that they agree to accept $301.05 as settlement in full and upon receipt of payment, all obligation and liabilities will be released and that they will cease collection activity.  Ok, so that's not really agreeing to delete.  But then down at the bottom of the letter there is a note that is in a different font (yes, I'm paranoid) that says:

"Please be advised that upon receipt of payment via certified funds, the account will be requested to be deleted from the national credit reporting agencies within 24-48 hours after payment is posted (please allow at least 30 days for the account to actually be deleted)"

To me this sounds pretty legit but this is my first PFD response so I want to check with the experts before I pay.  This is a pretty new collection account on my credit report (started reporting in Feb) so I'm hoping for a decent jump in score.  I only started rebuilding my credit in May of this year so this would be my first big accomplishment.  Fingers crossed!

EQ: 5/09 494 7/09 494 8/09 517

TU: 8/09 536

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Legit PFD?

Was the letter mailed to you?  Was it signed?
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:
Was the letter mailed to you?  Was it signed?

Yes, it was mailed to me.  It wasn't signed but there is a person's name typed at the bottom before the note about the deletion.  There are asterisks that are handwritten around the deletion note but nothing more.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would want a siggy!
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Remit payment, under a cover letter that states that, pursuant to (prior letter copy attached), acceptance of payment is considered as a contractual obligtion on their part to instruct the CRA to delete the collection account in total, and not simply update its payment status.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.