Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender okayed removal of lates, not showing up on reports yet

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Lender okayed removal of lates, not showing up on reports yet

Our mortgage lender agreed to remove a couple of late payments on a home equity loan we had.  The letter we received from our lender said to wait 60 days for the Credit reporting agencies to make the change.  It has been over that time and the changes have not been made.  How do I proceed?

SHould I send the letter we received from our lender about the removal and ask that the credit reporting agencies take action?  Can I request a copy of our credit report once the change has been made?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Lender okayed removal of lates, not showing up on reports yet

If it were me, I would kindly remind the person at the mortgage company, about our agreement and that the CR's have not did updated.

Are you asking about obtaining a free CR?   Have you used all your Free CR's, from annualcreditreport.com,yet?

I found the following at TU web site.........You may be eligible to receive a free CR:

As part of the FCRA, you are entitled to a Free CR if;

Your were denied/notified of a neg action related to credit,employment or insurance.

Your were denied a house or apt rental,or were required to pay a higher deposit than normally required within the last 60days and a CR was the basis for the decision.

You certity that you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment within 60days.

You certify that you are a recipient of public welfare assistance...one CR every  12mos.from each cra I believe.

You certity that you have a reason to beliee that your CR contains inaccurate info due to fraud.  

Besides the Free CR from annualcreditreport.com..Check yoursStates Laws,you may still be eligible for a Free CR or one at reduced price. 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.