cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of credit history

tag
bgoss6474

Length of credit history

My Equifax credit score details show reason for low score (EQ 707, TU 809) as 'Poor' for my length of credit history.  I have had a mortgage (never late, never missed pmt) for 22 years.  My oldest credit card is 10 years old (i opened another cc in 2006 and 2 Amex's in 2011, just yesterday opened a Chase Sapphire 5k limit).   I refinanced my mortgage in 2001- does the credit score not pick up that I have been paying my mortgage since 1991?  thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Length of credit history

@bgoss6474 wrote:

My Equifax credit score details show reason for low score (EQ 707, TU 809) as 'Poor' for my length of credit history.  I have had a mortgage (never late, never missed pmt) for 22 years.  My oldest credit card is 10 years old (i opened another cc in 2006 and 2 Amex's in 2011, just yesterday opened a Chase Sapphire 5k limit).   I refinanced my mortgage in 2001- does the credit score not pick up that I have been paying my mortgage since 1991?  thanks.

Is this your EQ score from myFICO ?  Or directly from the EQ website?

FICO scores your average age of accounts ( AAoA ), which is the average age of all accounts ( opened or closed ).     Did you get an AAoA calculation with the score?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
bgoss6474

This score is directly from the EQ website. I did not get an AAoA with the score (unless I missed it). 

Question: Do you think my EQ score would be close/comparable to a score from myFico?  thanks.

Message 3 of 9
bgoss6474

I take that last comment back.  I looked at my EQ report closer and I now see the Average Account age, which shows: 4 years, 5 months.

Message 4 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@bgoss6474 wrote:

This score is directly from the EQ website. I did not get an AAoA with the score (unless I missed it). 

Question: Do you think my EQ score would be close/comparable to a score from myFico?  thanks.

This is a FAKO score, so ignore it and the account age calculations that come with it.

No way to know if it's close or off the mark ~ there's no general correlation to FICO scores.

Message 5 of 9
bgoss6474

Oh, I thought tthat EQ score was legit.  OK.  I'll get on myFico and get a FICO score.  then I'll know.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@bgoss6474 wrote:

Oh, I thought tthat EQ score was legit.  OK.  I'll get on myFico and get a FICO score.  then I'll know.  Thanks.

Unless it says FICO then it's the Equifax Credit Score, which is a FAKO score.

Message 7 of 9
bgoss6474

another question. I'm reluctant to pay $30 just to get my true Fico score from myFico (they offered me $9/month for a 3 month minimum).  Is the credit score from "Annual Credit Report.com" a TRUE Fico score?  thx.

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.