Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of time to re-establish a Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Length of time to re-establish a Credit Score

Aloha,

Thanks in advance for your help!  I'm 38 and have mantained a perfect credit history, which until recently included a mortgage and credit cards. About 6 months ago I sold my home, and about 4 months ago I cancelled my last remaining credit card  (I know... stupid)  

So I had no open revolving accounts whatsoever, and thusly discovered that  in a matter of 4 months my 720 Credit Score went down to NO CREDIT SCORE.

In the past month I opened a secured $2,000 loan from my Credit Union and got a Visa Credit Card from them as well ($5,000 limit).  I also have an AmEx CC on the way.

I am going to keep my credit use low (under 30% of max)  and make payments on time.

My question is how long will it take for my Credit Score to pop back up? I've heard 2-4 months?   I have an unexpected opportunity to buiy a house in 5-6 months and need to have a credit score to get a loan.

Mahalo!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Length of time to re-establish a Credit Score

You then ended up with no accounts, open of closed, showing in your credit report?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit report showed all my closed accounts (in good standing)

Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.