Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let Drop off or PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let Drop off or PFD

I have an account that will be off my credit report 1/09 should i both doing a PFD or just let it drop? It is for 400 not a huge amount for me to pay. Also will this reset my DOLA if so it is not worth it? SOL in my state is 6 years and it has been that already. So they can not try to collect it either way at this point.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let Drop off or PFD

They can ALWAYS...try to collect on it...they just can't sue you for it...or put it on your reports...are you planning on making any major purchases...or anything like that???...if you are...I would PFD it...otherwise...let it drop off...1/09...is not exactly around the corner...
Message 2 of 4
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

If you do a PFD, you will not have to worry about DOLA cuz the account will no longer even be on your report anymore (assuming the CA follows through with the "delete" portion of the PFD, which they do not always do--get it in writing before you even consider the PFD).

While on the PFD subject, I have a question--when requesting a written PFD agreement, can you have them specify that the delete has to take place within a certain amount of time after the payment?  I could picture some CA's not deleting the account and saying "well, we just haven't gotten to it yet" and then letting it drag out indefinitely if you do not have a date agreed upon in writing.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I generally recommend a time allowance of seven calendar days. That should be plenty of time for them to remove the baddie.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.