Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let me introduce myself.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me introduce myself.

I have lurked the boards for quite some time. Many years ago I had great credit and like many, I managed to default causing major pain. What actually through everything into a tailspin was a personal situation. Sadly that situation occured exactly at a time i was being audited by the IRS. To make the story short, I owed the feds and state (NY) over 60k combined from three years of auditing (2007-2009). The plan was that to keep living with my daughters mom (my ex) and she assist me in paying off the debt. It was our debt although i filed alone (I was not  married). unfortunately it didnt happen that way. The audit concluded in august 2009. In september 2009 I had to leave my home. That made paying back a whole lot more difficult. I closed accounts, some where closed by the creditors, charged offs etc.....I have three liens on my record. Because of my many responsibilities (three kids in private school) anad my living expenses i made the final payment to the IRS in August 2016. Right around that time i had started limited credit lines. My scores were in the 550s. Today my scores are in the 650s. I have managed to allocate approxiamtely $58,000 in about 8 credit cards. My utilization is about 23%.  Tommorow i will send approximately $3000 to reduce balance. My last application was to penfed in january 2017 ($10,000) and now i will not apply for a while. my next target is NFCU. Im thinking around June. I believe my utilization be be less and hope to be approve for something in the $20K range

I have learned a lot from these boards and would like to thank everyone. Although this is my first post trust me I have learned from many of you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let me introduce myself.

@Anonymous.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for sharing with us.  It will help others to see that it pays to never give up and time and good payment history will turn the page on the unfortunate things that come our way. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navadann I'm glad to read that things are better for you!  Congratulations on putting the past to rest and going into the exciting future.

Message 3 of 4
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

Went through rough times too, right about the same time that you were. Keep it up, and good luck with rebuilding! 

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
4/1/24 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $152,300

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.