Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's discuss Early Exclusions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's discuss Early Exclusions

I have a bunch of baddies aging off all 3 bureaus in the next 18 months and I just read about Early Exclusions so I have some questions.

First, how far away from the 7.5 year FCRA dropoff point does the TL need to be? 6 months? 12? 18? Is there anything that provides some guidance?

Second, who makes the Early Exclusion decision - the CRA or the TL Originator? If the CRA, what stops the TL Originator from simply putting it back on?

Third, is there any guidance on how many baddies a CRA will Early Exclude and how often (both "at a time" and "over a period of time"? 

I realize there is probably nothing in writing - there certainly is nothing in law - regarding this, but how about the experiences of others? what did you have to do to get the Early Exclusion, and what did you do and still not get it?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let's discuss Early Exclusions

Generally, TU will delete 6 months early, EXP 3 months early and EQ 1 month early. Get your full reports from annualcreditreport.com to see the dates they show the acct is to be reported through and count back from there.

Of course, there are instances of refusal and instances of even earlier deletion.It's honestly kind of a crap shoot.  You can call to request EE or you can file a request online. I've done all of mine online with a 110% success rate. I say 110% because TU deleted a judgment 4 YEARS early when all I requested was them to mark it as satisfied. If you call, I believe you have to ask for a supervisor. The frontline CSR will tell you they can't delete anything early. Sometimes even the supervisor won't do it.  You just have to keep trying until you get someone who is in a good mood that day.  Also, you specifically ask for Early Exclusion.  

I don't think there is a limit to how many they can delete at once but I wonder this myself.  All of the rest of mine will come due for EE over the next 3-6 months so I am going to be requesting multiple deletions at once from each CRA.  

From what I understand it is solely up to the CRA because there is not a dispute of any info. The original lender does not get notified of the EE request.

I'm sure others will add more and also please correct me if anything I said is wrong.

Message 2 of 7
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

How do you request EE online ? I only see dispute. I'm glad someone asked this question. Also is the date on your credit report that it should fall off 7.5 or just 7 yrs?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the online you will have to go in like you are disputing the account. From there I know TU has an option that says something like "account too old to be on report". Click that and then then there should be a comment box and you just state you are requesting EE.

I think EXP has an "other" option and then you'd just state your request in the comment box.

EQ is the problem child. They don't have an other option or a too old option. The closest one I found is "no longer responsible" or something. Not accurate but nothing else is even close. Then you just put the request in the box. EQ will likely treat it as a dispute at first and will add the dispute comment to the acct. Specifically say in the comment that you are not disputing but rather requesting EE.

In my experience TU is the easiet to get EE from and EQ is the hardest.

For me The "report until" date on the report is 7 years out from the DOFD date.

Keep in mind the CRA's do not have to grant EE. When they do they are being generous.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, the online you will have to go in like you are disputing the account. From there I know TU has an option that says something like "account too old to be on report". Click that and then then there should be a comment box and you just state you are requesting EE.

I think EXP has an "other" option and then you'd just state your request in the comment box.

EQ is the problem child. They don't have an other option or a too old option. The closest one I found is "no longer responsible" or something. Not accurate but nothing else is even close. Then you just put the request in the box. EQ will likely treat it as a dispute at first and will add the dispute comment to the acct. Specifically say in the comment that you are not disputing but rather requesting EE.

In my experience TU is the easiet to get EE from and EQ is the hardest.

For me The "report until" date on the report is 7 years out from the DOFD date.

Keep in mind the CRA's do not have to grant EE. When they do they are being generous.

On EX they list the early exclusion date as the "report until date" - 7 years less 3 months.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently went through this with a private student loan with Sallie Mae/Navient. Equifax says my DOFD is 11/2009, and the agent told me I can get a month early exlcusion this October. Told me to call Oct 1st and they'll do it.

Experian has my first major deliquency in 1/2010 for some reason, on my credit report, it says it will come off 10/2016. I didn't realize they did the 3 month early exclusion without asking (CS rep told me it had already been applied and I couldn't get it excluded any sooner).

I submitted a dispute on Transunion's website July 23rd that I would like it deleted, and the next day, the account was deleted and dispute was closed. Wish the other CRAs were like that! I was at a little more than 3 months early exclusion with them, so I cannot confirm to 6 months, but from my experience, it was sooner than 3 months.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The exclusion date is based on the Date of First Delinquency, not Date of First Major Delinquency. There is a difference between the two
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.