cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter I received from NCO regarding a DV letter that I sent. What do you think?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter I received from NCO regarding a DV letter that I sent. What do you think?

The creditor is DirectTv

Dear Sir or Madam

RE:  #

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above referenced account.  Please be advised that the above-referenced account is on hold pending closure in our office.  Further inquiry regarding the underlying debt may be directed to DirectTc, Inc.

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus, with which we do business, with our request to delete our listing of the above referenced account from your credit profile for the social security number we have listed in our records.  Please be advised that NCO Financial Systems, Inc. cannot effect a change to how any other company may have listed the above account on your credit profile.  We appreciate the opportunity to respon to your inquiry. 

Very truly yours, 

Blah Blah Blah

What do you think?  It is only listed on one of my reports but only with NCO not with Directtv. 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Letter I received from NCO regarding a DV letter that I sent. What do you think?

Congrats! Got three dunning letters from NCO for three different OCs and DV'd each time resulting in them going away.

I would contact the OC and see if you can negotiate a quick payment. Chances are they will send or sell the debt to a new CA. I would see if they sold it yet.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letter I received from NCO regarding a DV letter that I sent. What do you think?

Would you recommend that I call DirecTv or should I send them a letter?   And also if I do send them a letter should I send a PFD letter or just a nice letter asking them the account balance and offering to pay.  Should I include a copy of the letter from NCO?

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 06-02-2008 02:14 PM

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 06-02-2008 02:17 PM

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 06-02-2008 02:18 PM
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

smooshiesmom wrote:
Would you recommend that I call DirecTv or should I send them a letter?   And also if I do send them a letter should I send a PFD letter or just a nice letter asking them the account balance and offering to pay.  Should I include a copy of the letter from NCO?

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 06-02-2008 02:14 PM

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 06-02-2008 02:17 PM

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 06-02-2008 02:18 PM

I would call them ASAP (DirecTV). But do a PFD via mail or ask them over the phone to send a letter via mail agreeing to PFD. They already know about NCO, but I would reference the letter to them.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smooshie-
I would sure check up on what "social security number on file" NCO has for you!!! If it's not your SSN, this could be their way of getting it off someone's report, but NOT yours! Do you know for sure that they have your SSN on file? That just seems like awfully legal-eagle wording.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sure hope they have the correct social as they are using mine to report.  I am keeping the letter they sent and if it is not off my report in thirty days they will hear from me again.  Do you know of anything else I could do?  I definetely want this off. 
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your report to see when they normally update. Allow at least 30-45 days. If it isn't off, then you can dispute it. But, the CRA make the full 30 days to do the "investigation".
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.