Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter Sent - What Should I Expect?

tag
bargerms
Valued Member

Letter Sent - What Should I Expect?

So I had a collection on my CR that was owned by UGI Utilities. The debt was assigned to Berks Collections and Credit. Upon inquiry, I was notified that Berks had reassigned it back to UGI. I made contact with UGI and arranged a payment schedule to pay off the debt. I have paid half of the debt down in the past 2 months which is way ahead of schedule.

Today, I drafted a letter and sent it to Berks requesting that the amount owed by updated. In the letter I stated my effort to contact Berks to pay off the debt and that I made a good faith effort to pay the debt, but was not aware of the debt because I happened to move and get a new phone number so I never received any letter.

Do you think they will do a balance update or possibly even remove the TL because it is out of their hands at this point?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Letter Sent - What Should I Expect?

You could have just asked them to remove the TL since the debt was paid to the OC after they sent it back to them.  All they legally have to do is update to 0.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.