cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter denying GW request but deleted anyway??

tag
tbp1015

Letter denying GW request but deleted anyway??

I sent a request to Citibank student loans for GW deletion of 3 30-day lates in early 2011 about 2 weeks ago. About a week ago, I noticed the deletions were no longer on my credit report, which I was thrilled about! But then today I received a letter from Citibank stating that they found no inaccuracies in my report and that it would continue to report for 7 years. I double checked my reports and it looks like it's deleted from all 3. Has anyone ever had a company say no to your GW request, but delete it anyway?? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Letter denying GW request but deleted anyway??

@tbp1015 wrote:

I sent a request to Citibank student loans for GW deletion of 3 30-day lates in early 2011 about 2 weeks ago. About a week ago, I noticed the deletions were no longer on my credit report, which I was thrilled about! But then today I received a letter from Citibank stating that they found no inaccuracies in my report and that it would continue to report for 7 years. I double checked my reports and it looks like it's deleted from all 3. Has anyone ever had a company say no to your GW request, but delete it anyway?? 

It can and does happen.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tbp1015 wrote:

Hey that's funny because I recently sent the CEO a letter in Novemeber/December and was denied the goodwill of deleting the 90 day late payment mark on my student loan. Could you please pm the address or any information you used to contact them?

Could you please pm your goodwill letter also? I've been trying my ass off to get the lates removed but I just hit wall after wal!

BTW Congradulation!!!! 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@tbp1015 wrote:

Hey that's funny because I recently sent the CEO a letter in Novemeber/December and was denied the goodwill of deleting the 90 day late payment mark on my student loan. Could you please pm the address or any information you used to contact them?

Could you please pm your goodwill letter also? I've been trying my ass off to get the lates removed but I just hit wall after wal!

BTW Congradulation!!!! 

Can you pm me the contact to the CEO and any additional contact for Citibank Student Loans as well?

Congrats on the removals. Definitely a blessing in disguise!!

Message 4 of 5
tbp1015

Thanks for the info. I'll just have to cross my fingers they didn't make a mistake and fix it later Smiley Happy

As for who I contacted, I just sent it to the CEO. And I found the email address at the link below. If you're going to use other emails on this page, make sure those people are still with Citi and what their titles are, as the article is 6 years old (before the CEO was even the CEO) 

http://consumerist.com/2009/03/18/27-citibank-executive-emails/

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.