cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter from Asset Acceptance of deletion through BBB

tag
skilletz

Letter from Asset Acceptance of deletion through BBB

I can't express how much of a relief it is to do something and actually work.  I've taken some of the recommendations from this forum to file a complaint with the BBB about Asset Acceptance being a complete nightmare trying to get the account deleted, settled, etc...I thought there was no way out but to wait out the SOL before it drops off.  Well, low and behold I submitted a complaint on August 9, 2013 and received a reply from the BBB today with a response from Asset Acceptance. 

Dear Sir or Madam:

Asset Acceptance, LLC (AALLC) is in receipt of correspondance from your office, concerning a complaint filed by (my name) dated August 9, 2013, and I have reviewed the same.

Please be advised that AALLC has investigated the information it is providing to the consumer reporting agencies regarding the above referenced account, and cannot conclude that AALLC is providing inaccurate information to the consumer reporting agencies. However, in the interest of resolving, AALLC has decided to cease further collections and close the account it believes to be the subject of this complaint.  AALLC will request the removal of its tradeline with the appropriate consumer reporting agencies regarding this matter.  Please note that it may take the consumer reporting agencies time to update the consumer's credit report, pursuant to this request.

I hope this has adequately addressed the consumer's complaint.  If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.  

Keep in mind that it was an old Amex account with $606 balance from 2009.  My argument was that AA was reporting to my Equifax that I was making payments to it for the last few years, which I didn't, and Experian only noted key derogatory.  I also asked for proof of those payments, explain how they came up with that amount I owed, why the account number only showed the first 4 digits, and debt validation.  That's it.  It was a shot in the dark because everything else i've tried failed. I hope this helps others in their pursuit with this difficult collection agency.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: Letter from Asset Acceptance of deletion through BBB

Congratz!  I got a similar one about a week ago.  The BBB works wonders sometimes!

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations. That route worked for me too last year.
Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice,,, congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
duckSF
Established Member

Nice, I wish I didnt settle with them so I could do this too. Any idea what I can compain about for a paid Asset Acceptance?

Message 6 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@duckSF wrote:

Nice, I wish I didnt settle with them so I could do this too. Any idea what I can compain about for a paid Asset Acceptance?

Have you tried sending them a GW?  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 8
alexhortdog
Regular Contributor

Can you PM me what you sent?  I have a First Premier account there that I paid off in Jan of this year, but I want to see if I can get this baddie off my report.  It's my most recent baddie.

Starting Score: 605 (Experian); 588 (Equifax); 590 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 626 (Experian); 667 (Equifax); 670 (TransUnion)
Goal Score: 800

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.