Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter from attorney collecting for LVNV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter from attorney collecting for LVNV

I DV'd LVNV funding last week and they have not responded nor have I gotten a green card yet. I received a letter yesterday from an attorney stating this information:

Original Creditor: Best Buy internet HSBC
Current Creditor: LVNV Funding LLC as assignee and purchaser
Account: XX
Balance: XX

Please be advised that the above referenced account has been purchased by LVNV Funding LLC. Our firm has been retained by LVNV Funding LLC of collecting the above account.

We would like very much to resolve this in an amicable manner and would appreciate your contacting me at XXXXX within the next 30 days to discuss how the account can be satisfied.

Best Buy Account:

DOFD: 4/2006
DOLA: N.A

LVNV Account:

Date Reported: 07/2008
Date of Last Payment" 02/2007
DOFD: 10/2005

I have not been contacted by LVNV until now when their attorney sent this letter.

I am in the state of SC

Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thank you!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Letter from attorney collecting for LVNV

I'd DV these guys too. I'd also look into the licensing of this "attorney" at their state's bar association. Finally, I'd snoop around to see their case history. You'd want to fish around for info that you could possibly use against them later. Otherwise, you're in a waiting game.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would track the letter you sent on USPS website and see if it has been delivered. If it was, see if it was delivered prior to the date on this letter.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 08-18-2008 12:16 AM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the DOFD on the account was back in 2005 and the SOL in SC is 3yrs.  The letter is shown as being delivered back in Sept '08.  This bottom feeding attorney has a number of small time cases representing LVNV and also does lectures/classes on how to collect- so he is legit.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

chromatech wrote:
I know the DOFD on the account was back in 2005 and the SOL in SC is 3yrs.  The letter is shown as being delivered back in Sept '08.  This bottom feeding attorney has a number of small time cases representing LVNV and also does lectures/classes on how to collect- so he is legit.

Read your state statutes to see what, if anything, resets SOL.

chromatech wrote:

Date Reported: 07/2008
Date of Last Payment" 02/2007
DOFD: 10/2005

If last payment was in 2007, then SOL may not expire until 2010. Just depends on if SOL can be rest in your state or not.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to DV these guys too before speculationg.

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What prompted you to DV them?  In other words, how was their collection activity initially communicated to you?

Did they send dunning notice to you within 5 days of any communication of their debt collection activity?

Just because he talks the talk about debt collection does not mean he walks the talk.

I would be very curious to know what Mr. High Profile Debt Advisor did to comply with FDCPA 809.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.