Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letting It Fall Off

tag
Ondi
Established Member

Letting It Fall Off

Ok. After spending the day making arrangements to pay off my debts, I realize I can pay off all of them except the one from the rental agency for over $2000. My credit report says it will fall off Febuary 2015 which is around the time we should be in a better position to get a house. Should I pay it little by little or just let it fall off. Everything will be paid off except this debt. It was reported in 2008. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: Letting It Fall Off

Well its really ur choice both choices are available but keep n mind once u make one payment b sure ur gonna stick with it because if im not mistaken paying the agency will then allow them to update the TL
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 5
Ondi
Established Member

Ok thank you. This is something I'm really going to have to think through.

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Even with no payments the CA/OC can update the TL monthly.

I would be more worried about restarting the state SOL for suing by making payments.

If you decided not to pay it you would have to disclose unpaid debt during the mortgage process.

Message 4 of 5
Ondi
Established Member

Edited to say I did a little research and I now get what you are saying. Thank you

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.