Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letting a Collection Account run its course

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letting a Collection Account run its course

The "do nothing" approach should only ever be used if there is absolutely nothing a person can do, if you have the means to pay the bill (definitely try for pay-for-delete) I would jump on it. With every new day new things come our way that we did not expect. Just because you cannot foresee anything now besides an auto maybe a few years down the road, doesn't mean that the unforeseen won't arise. I personally never looked much into the future when I was younger, I never realized that things WILL change and my needs financially will change. You just never know what is around the corner, so it is always best to be fully prepared for anything (or at least the best that you can be prepared). The excess money that I have paid in interest and the struggles I go through every time I need financing sure makes me wish I would have thought of the future back in the day when I had no need for any type of financing and made stupid decisions unaware that credit reports and scores are some of the most important things when it comes to financial matters.

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letting a Collection Account run its course

Is it a medical bill? If it is, you can always force it back to the original creditor, especially if it's new.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.