cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leverage to delete foreclosure and IFR

tag
eieioeldo

Leverage to delete foreclosure and IFR

Back in 2009 I was working with my primary lender on a loan modification, and they foreclosed.  I ended up with two major baddies; a primary loan with a foreclosure, and a second that just stayed open and kept trying to collect.  I had some disagreements with the second about how it should report, but we were able to settle our diferrences and it is off of my report for good.

Now, all I have left on an otherwise spotless report is that foreclosure from almost four years ago.  

I recently received a nice fat check as part of the national IFR settlement.  Turns out foreclosing on someone you were working with to modify is crappy enough to deserve some cash.  That's a nice suprise!  I've been picking at it to try to find a way to get it deleted from my reports, and this gave me some ideas.  I started digging, and found a few things about stamped signatures, etc.  I'm wondering if my IFR settlement means that something in my foreclosure file is incorrect. 

Lot's of companies that appear to be scams are promising they can delete it, for a few thousand up front, and there are just as many warning signs.  There's no way I'm writing a check to one of them.  I'm more of a DIY anyhow.

So, the obvious question is what leverage should I look for to achieve deletion?  I did a records search, and got copies of all letters and documents filed at the county related to that property; everything from the original deed of trust, to the notification, and the last transfer.  I'm not exactly sure what to look for, and would appreciate a little guidance.

Has anyone here gone through something similar?  What leverage did you find?  Are there other records I should be looking for beyond those available at the county level?

Bottom line; I didn't pay and they collected their security.  That's fair, I guess.  But if they didn't do what they were supposed to and gave me an oepning, I am going to exploit it. Only fair after that BS with the modification.

What do you think?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
eieioeldo

Re: Leverage to delete foreclosure and IFR

No luck so far...  Anyone have ideas?

Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Leverage to delete foreclosure and IFR

It was a legally executed foreclosure unless you have proof otherwise. The settlement betwwen the lenders and the State attorneys general ends the litigation of those cases. You are stuck with that foreclosue on your credit report as I don't beleiev there's anything, except some GW letters, that would change the reporting.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.