cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leveraging reported info from one CR to dispute on another?

tag
jl4
Established Contributor

Leveraging reported info from one CR to dispute on another?

Here's my scenario; tell me if I'm nuts:

I had a Sync (Amazon) card back in 2013 that they closed because I messed up my minimum payments (didn't pay enough) and got 60-days behind. I have a 30/60/30 right before it was closed. Looking at my reports, They reported the 30/60/30 on my TransUnion report, but never my  Eq or Ex. In fact, they didn't start reporting anything to the other two until 2015 and stopped reporting to TU near the end of 2013. 

The entry on my Eq report is also missing an account number entirely. Is there any way I can leverage this inconsistent information to dispute and have them removed? Should I even bother at this point? DoFD was June 2013 so I still have a few years until the lates start falling off my TU report.

Am I crazy?

It's also worth noting that Sync has granted me new cards since then for way more of a collective CL than my Amazon card ever was... could playing the GW card help? 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Leveraging reported info from one CR to dispute on another?

A dispute is limited to verification or correction of the specific information identified in the dispute, and deletion is only required of that information if they can do neither.

The creditor can simply correct any inaccuracy without any need to delete anything.

With respect to the account number, I would assume that you know the number and that the account is legit.

Thus, you are requesting correction.

As for the inconsistency in not reporting all derogs to each CRA, it has been the long and well established practice that a creditor need not report all delinquencies to each CRA.  If you dispute, you will likely simply end up with addition of the delinquencies to the CRAs that do not yet show them without any issue of deletion.  I doubt that is your desired result.

Message 2 of 3
jl4
Established Contributor

Re: Leveraging reported info from one CR to dispute on another?

You're right, I'm probably playing with fire.

Since a dispute isn't likely to work, is the GW letter worth bothering with? 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.