Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington Law Firm?

tag
carlos1son
New Contributor

Re: Lexington Law Firm?

Yeah it's all true I just ended my monthly subscription with them. What they don't tell u is that collections come back on your report I just had 1 come back and I'm dealing with it in my own. Granted only 1 came back so far but still it's not worth 99 a month for this 

Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can everyome give me there thoughts on whats the easiest way to dispute items. I did one by calling experian and since i am a member of their site they started one for me. I was also able to do an online dispute once i pulled my credit report from annualcreditreport.com but it seems thats just a one time deal. 

You can dispute all of them online.  With EX you're going to need a report number to initiate a dispute online.  You can use the report number from the last time you got your free reports from annualcreditreport.com.

Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this to do an online dispute?

You can do an online dispute by going to the credit bureaus website, you do not have to join myfico or anything else in order to do disputes online

Message 13 of 39
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

One should only dispute an item if its not valid or it has erroneous information reporting and its always best to do so via US Mail CMRR you want to protect your rights and have a paper trail should legal action need to be taken.

Message 14 of 39
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have documentation or substantive arguments that you want to assure are received by the furnisher of the disputed information (i.e., the credtitor or debt collector that reported the information, and to whom the dispute will be sent by the CRA), you might consider use of a direct dispute as opposed to disputing via a CRA.

That will assure that the furnisher receives everythning you submitted, and will also require the furnisher to respond directly to you.

Personally, I would not dispute via a CRA, onlne or in writing, if I can use a direct dispute.

Credit repair orgnaizations are specifically precluded from asisting  you in filing  direct dispute or filing a direct dispute in your behalf.

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Lexington law back in January to help me get some late payments from SL's off my reports. Fast talking, high pressure, promise the world sales pitch was what I heard, and completely ignored my input. I knew GW was the only correct way to deal with the lates, they would have none of it. I paid the $12 to have them pull my reports. After a few days just had a sour taste in my mouth from the whole experience. I googled and did some reading, very few positives about LL. Called back within the 10 days and cancelled, they were actually polite about it.
Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about using Lexington also but became concerned after hearing about others lack of progress or poor service. I found everything I needed to begin my own credit repairs right here. My progress has been very good and not paying Lexington saved me a nice chunk of cash. In adition to the savings, the knowledge that I gained about repairing, re-building and managing my credit from the members of this site is PRICELESS. Pay someone and you learn nothing. Research and do it on your own and you have the wealth of knowledge. This board is free. six months ago, I would read about topics or subject that I never heard of. Now I am fairly well read with a great deal of understanding. I am no expert, hell, more like a student, but the way I see it, knowledge is power and that is something I didn't have six months ago.    

Save your money, start you own journey. 

Message 17 of 39
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone used Lexington Law Firm? How much is it and are they worth it? Thanks.

A family member used Lexington Law, and when I decided to start repairing my credit I immediately thought of the family member and Lexington Law.  After talking to her, I decided Lexington Law was too, too, too expensive and that they did little work for what they were paid.  I looked for alternatives and found the MyFico Community.  Did all of the work myself and doing the work myself gave me pride in what I alone had done.

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't fall victim to Lexington Law. Knowledge is power. Continue to read and learn from others in similar situations. Implement a game plan and go for it!!!

Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

im not sure about you guys but, i have used Lexington Law in the past on a few different occasions and i will tell you that they get stuff done.

if you have the time and the patients to do all the repairing you self, i guess you could. for me that wasn't the case.

i cost me $100 a month and in a few months time, collections & 30 day lates start to drop off my credit report. i referred a few friends of mine to them and they did the same for them.

to those of you who are claiming "its a waste of money" it really isn't. to the person who doesn't want to do anything but see results and can afford the $100 a month....it is worth it. matter of a fact, i am signed up with them right now and seen them remove 3 items in the last two months.

i give a thumbs up to Lexington Law.

hope this helps

Donny A

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.