Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington Law Firm?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexington Law Firm?

I called LL and I would not give them a penny. They had a family member paying them for 1 year and only had two things removed and one came back. I've been doing my own thing for a month and already had  3 thing remove form Equifax, ex and tu. The money that was paid to LL could have gone to the debt that's owed

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am kind of confused with the whole idea behind them. It seems they dispute everything in the hope if something is taken off, it wont appear again. Everyone i talk to says i shouldnt dispute unless their is a valid reason to dispute. Should i just try to dispute everything or not. I have alot of baddies on my report and some due to fall of in sept, oct and jan 2016. Should i just wait it out?

Message 22 of 39
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called LL and I would not give them a penny. They had a family member paying them for 1 year and only had two things removed and one came back. I've been doing my own thing for a month and already had  3 thing remove form Equifax, ex and tu. My the money that was paid to LL could have gone to the debt that's owed

So much this.

Signature needs updating
Message 23 of 39
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am kind of confused with the whole idea behind them. It seems they dispute everything in the hope if something is taken off, it wont appear again. Everyone i talk to says i shouldnt dispute unless their is a valid reason to dispute. Should i just try to dispute everything or not. I have alot of baddies on my report and some due to fall of in sept, oct and jan 2016. Should i just wait it out?

Do a search for early exclusion in this forum.

Signature needs updating
Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're going to apply for a loan or mortgage before the dropoff dates, then you probably will want them off, otherwise let them go. 

As mentioned, early exclusion is possible, up to 6 months TU, 2-3 months for EX/EQ.

As for LL, anything valid removed by dispute is low hanging fruit and you can do it yourself, but if it's valid info it's still a roll of the dice.

Message 25 of 39
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I use them and find it to be a worthwhile investment. Yes I could probably do it myself but time is money. And expertise is valuable.

They seem to be conscientious, and willing to escalate a dispute where appropriate.

I'm a satisfied customer.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 26 of 39
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're going to apply for a loan or mortgage before the dropoff dates, then you probably will want them off, otherwise let them go. 

As mentioned, early exclusion is possible, up to 6 months TU, 2-3 months for EX/EQ.

As for LL, anything valid removed by dispute is low hanging fruit and you can do it yourself, but if it's valid info it's still a roll of the dice.

Should not be disputing valid info, only inaccurate info 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had them less than a month and have had 2 things removed. As I am basically running a household alone(my husband works out of state 7 weeks at a time and we have 3 kids and pets), I don't really have the time or patience to deal with multiple letter writings and follow ups. So far, they are well worth my $99/month. 

Message 28 of 39
jai8694
Valued Member

IMO I believe the use of agencies that promise to clean up your credit is a bad idea and it promote's the continued poor behavior in regards to finaces. I have never used LL but a few years ago I did allow a friend to talk me into using a company she used and was currently making money with by promoting them and getting suckers like me to sign up. It sounded like a quick fix and I didnt have to letter write or anything. I just had to pay $50.00 a month and everything would be okay. The problem is that I wasnt truly concerned about my credit. I just wanted to get approved for credit cards and other things. I didn't know  or understand the benefit of having credit extended to you. Because my mindset had not changed all I really wanted was access to "free cash".  When I couldnt get approved for anything after 6 months I stopped paying them. As I review my reports now I wonder where was my mind at. I had worked hard to pay off a student loan that went into forebearance and deferrements at times but I finally got that thing paid in 2009. It is nowhere on any of my reports. They disputed everything, the good and the negative in hopes of something falling off. I understand the lack of time for letter writing or combing thru reports but if you dont have time to "fix" a more than likely legitimate problem you created, then how can you prevent yourself from doing the same thing again? This process isnt just about getting a higher score for a house or a cc or anyother type of loan. This is about growing up and learing to be responsible with whats placed in my hands and honoring my word. But it is mostly for my children. Our children emulate us whether we choose to acknowledge or not. If my kids see me paying bills on time and being responsible with credit then its a good chance they will. If they see me pay my way thru life instead of taking owenership for my shortcomings then they will do the same. I'm not putting down anyone that uses these agencies I'm just simply pointing out that its so much deeper than writing a check for a monthly service. Its a mental thing as well. Change the mind and the behavior will soon catch up.

No score updates for 6 months is the plan while I garden
Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone used Lexington Law Firm? How much is it and are they worth it? Thanks.

Hey Jt35,

I know you've received a lot of responses and most likely made your decision. Long time ago I used to handle everything credit-wise by myself. I'd do the letters and keep track of responses and all that.  I was OCD with it.  And it worked, but it was time consuming and you need a lot of patience.  You wait so much time after mailing a ltr out, then you get a response that you have to respond to again.  It's a vicious cycle. It works, but time consuming.  This was back in 2000 time frame.  Oct 2013 after a lot of research I decided to give LL a shot.  They are legitimate. They do work. It takes time as well, but you'e not the one chasing tail and writing letters.  If you can afford it, then it's worth a shot.  I know others here have their input, some have tried them, some have not.  I frown upon most companies out there that promise this and that regarding credit repair.  But this Oct, will make two years with them.  To date, they have removed 23 items for me, and I'm down to the last 5 extremely stubborn baddies.  Keep in mind...some of these...probably ten were of my own doing, as I got my school loans rehab'd and they went from negative to positive.  (I don't credit LL for those).  I used to pay them $99 a month, and when I saw that they weren't as strongly needed as before, I dropped down to the $49 membership.  I still have them.  They have saved me a lot of frustration and I have some peace of mind knowing they got my back. I've had on a few occasions baddies pop up on my reports...out of nowhere. I get notified very quickly and they jump on it like wolves.  Most times it will come off within two or three months. It's like having a good lawyer on retainer.  In my eyes and pockets, this money I've spent with them has been worth it.  For me. Once I remove all remaining 5 items,...I'd like to think I'd keep them on for anything that does come up new.  But I'll decide that then.  For now, I'll keep them onboard.  Keep in mind, everyone's situation is different. I had identity theft in 2011 and I had alot of stuff on my reports that weren't mine.  And it's not that I have money to spare. I don't.  I just made my credit my priority, and made it as a necessary monthly bill.  Hope this late answer still provides some clarity. Good luck

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.