Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington Law Firm

tag
cdub69
Regular Contributor

Lexington Law Firm

Has anyone used Lexington Law firm with any success?I have a repo and a broken lease I would like to get rid of off my report.I tried to negotiate a settlement with no success.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexington Law Firm

never used them but I guarantee some of their reps will show up in this thread raving about them

Message 2 of 23
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

never used them but I guarantee some of their reps will show up in this thread raving about them

If that happens, please PM me or one of the other mods.Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 23
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Objectivity, and best interest of each individual, is my concern with such agencies.

I have no personal experience with LexLaw, but I would rather rely on advice from those on this forum site before paying someone else $$ to give me their slant.

You can do it yourself, knowing that the only decisions made are those in your best interest.

All you have to be willing to do is to post the details of  your woes on this site, and  you get some of the best advice on how to handle them that is available anywhere.

If you want someone else to tell you what to do, then hire someone else.  You just have to put in the time and effort, and what you will get here is totally objective advice that no LexLaw, etc., will ever provide you.

Message 4 of 23
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

I am using Lexington Law right now, and I have had great success with them.  With that said....I hired them before I came across this forum board.  As the others before me have said.....if you stay persistent and learn all that you can on here then you will be able to do exactly what LexLaw will, but without having to pay anyone.  However, if you don't think that you will stay as focused as you can, and loss sight....they might work for you.  In closing, I use them and yes it worked, however I will be calling tonight to cancel with them and take matters in my own hands with the help of this board.  Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 5 of 23
Desneige
New Contributor

Used Lexington Law for one full year, aproximately 2 years ago.  They claim that by using them for a full year you will get maximum benefits.  I don't recommend them, as I could have done everything they did for free.  First 6 months there were many changes to my credit reports (not all of them helpful), the second six months was a waste of money.  Better to do it yourself and put your money into paying down your bills.  Just my 2cents.

Message 6 of 23
fused
Moderator Emeritus

+1 to the last two posters.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 23
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

When I started getting my credit out of the landfills and dumps they were in, I was thinking about using a credit repair firm like Lexington.Then I found this website, this forum and the Dave Ramsey and Suze Orman shows.That was a couple of years ago when my fako scores were in the 500's and my fico scores were in the low 600's... Now with my paid off car loan, new 4 bedroom house and scores way over 700 I know I made the best decision. And that was to undo the mess I had made on my own and with FREE advice.

I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, new to forum. My question is for diveforfun97 or anyone else that has used the lexington law. I just signed up with them because I had a collection from a apt lease that I didnt owe and figured I needed help from a law firm with that one, I may cancel and the other stuff by myself. But my question is how long did they take before you saw any results? Also Im trying to rebuild and I only have one new auto loan and 1 new secured credit card open, everything else has been closed for years do I need to open something else you think?

transunion score is 555

goal is 650 by april to buy a house ( is this a reasonable amout of time?)

thank you in advance for any help! Im learning so much on here

Message 9 of 23
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forum!  Let me first answer your question,  I saw some results in about 2-3 mths.  So they might work on some things, but all they are doing is the same things that you can do by yourself.  But allow me to stress this fact to you.......you can do what they did faster, more effective, and free.  Do youself and your wallet a favor and do not use any agency.  If you want to spend the $80 a month I reccommend that you do give it to an agency but apply it as extra to you revolving cards. Smiley Wink  For an example, the collection for the apartment that you dont owe, you can send them a dv letter.  This forum is amazing, and should prove you with better results than any paid agency.  You asked for my recommendations and here they are:

1. Cancel with any repair agency that you have.

2.  Take the money that you would have paid them and put it towards to paying your secured card, and put some in savings

3.  Read the forums on abbreviation, credit basics, and how credit scoring works.

4.  Read the forum, and post your questions.......you will get results!  Most of us have been in your shoes, or are currently in them.  You will see what works for some and apply it to your situation.

If all else fail  you can PM me a question and I will try my best.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.