Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington Law -- My Story

tag
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Re: Lexington Law -- My Story

Absolutely nothing new to report.. Kinda getting restless but I am only 2 months in...
Message 21 of 39
jj_vinh

I'm currently with Lexington as well. I'm planning to cancel though as they've only been able to remove 1 listing after 6 months of their Concord membership. I make enough money to where I didn't care but now the $99 monthly fee seems better spent towards snowballing down my other debt.

To be fair, I have real debt with major banks so I don't blame them at all. At this point, however, I'm probably not going to get much out of LL.

Starting Score: TR: 611
Current Score: TR: 645
Next Goal: 670

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

BOA $1500, CapOne $1000CL, Walmart $1200CL
Message 22 of 39
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

I am really interested to follow the rest of this thread and see what everyone's results are with LL. I called them before I found this site and when I asked them-

'what can LL do for me that I can't do for myself?'

The woman said that they send an onslaught of dispute letters that are less likely to be ignored because they come from a law firm, and these companies are in business to make money, not to waste resources fighting with law firms.

Fair point, but I had a funny feeling about it because my 2 baddies were small and I thought I would get farther with asking nicely for GW deletes than bringing out the big dogs and going into full attack mode. So I read up on the goodwill process here, made 2 phone calls xmas eve from a family dinner, and both baddies were removed. 

Best of luck to you all and I will watch the results so I know what to recommend to friends. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Message 23 of 39
smiths38
Regular Contributor

I'm with you on that.I plan to sue as well.We have the FCRA backing us up and I expect to be treated fairly.

Starting Score: 553(EQ) 572 (TU) 586(EX) (EQ Complete Advantage)
Current Score: 572
Goal Score: 640

Message 24 of 39
smiths38
Regular Contributor

How old were the items removed?

Starting Score: 553(EQ) 572 (TU) 586(EX) (EQ Complete Advantage)
Current Score: 572
Goal Score: 640

Message 25 of 39
KevinBlock55
Established Member

The items were recently placed on there but I firmly believe it was my initial dispute that had them removed. They are due to fall off in 6 months. After 3 months, I see them moving much slower and nothing really happening. With most of my most serious derogs coming off in 18 months, Ive elected to garden. Time is the only thing that can help me. The medical will stick a bit longer but Im okay with that..
Message 26 of 39
Dstro
Established Member

I used Lexington law for three months last year. They took 4 negs off. They work but I don't have the patience to be strung along for $100 a month.
Message 27 of 39
DaBears
Senior Contributor

By law, if you filed chapter 7 BK it must remain on your credit reports for 10 yrs. Chapter 13 is 7 yrs.

Message 28 of 39
fixck
New Visitor

Please do explain your not very clear you said it was worse but you were not clear on how much better they made it. I am trying to understand everything. My credit was perfect until my neck was broken by my now exhusband so I am disabled and trying to fix it and confused. Perhaps a full year would be better Charge off what does that even help?? Your knowledge and advice please. Additionally he has some how moved things into my social and made all types of inquires under my social is that identy theft and does it fall under their protection. I am going to call them. They also state they have other protection but I haven't found it on the website yet. Thank you~~

Message 29 of 39
WilliamKF

@DaBears wrote:

By law, if you filed chapter 7 BK it must remain on your credit reports for 10 yrs. Chapter 13 is 7 yrs.

I believe it is the other way around: By law a chapter 7 BK may not appear longer than 10 years and a chapter 7 may not appear longer than 7 years.

There is no requirement to report anything only limitations on what is reported and for how long.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.