Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington Law -- My Story

tag
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Lexington Law -- My Story

Hey Everyone,

I don't much post to these boards but boy, do I read them. If you're new here, there is a lot of information and don't expect to take it all in in one day. At age 26, with my credit trashed, I have done the disputes, PFDs, BBB Complaints, FTC Complaints, GW letters and more. For the past month, I've been at much of a standstill. My credit scores are EX - 578 and TU - 600. I have not yet pulled my Equifax. Since I have done all that I feel I can do, I decided to start "gardening" which is like an alcoholic trying to stay out of the bar. To help myself feel as if I'm still working on my credit, I enlisted the help of Lexington Law. I actually used this firm in 2006 and they removed a couple 30 day lates. Back then, it was like $40/mo. and they had a guarantee! Not anymore... I enlisted in the Concord package that is $99/mo. I have decided to let them do their work while I "garden" and hopefully, our forces together will propel me out of the sub-prime card market.

There are alot of doubts about Lexington Law and had I not used them before, I would steer clear since the reviews are atrocious. So I will update this periodically and let you guys know what the progress is. I am going to give it about 6 months. After that, I will cancel my membership and let the items sit there until they expire. Please bear in mind, the credit situation listed below is AFTER my work. Believe me, it doesn't look pretty but it was even uglier before. I started Lexington Law on November 5, 2012.

Experian: 20 Negative Items

Transunion: 19 Negative Items

Equifax: 22 Negative Items

Verizon Wireless       Charge-Off     $1,020

Zales                            Charge-Off     $1,027

Midland Credit           Collection       $1,029

Northern Resolution  Collection        $675

Northern Resolution  Collection        $450

Capital One Bank      Charge-Off       $0

Plains Commece       Charge-Off       $0

Wells Fargo Auto       Repossession

Merrick Bank               Charge-Off     $1,430

CashCall                     Charge-Off      $0

Chevron/GECRB       Charge-Off      $0

First Premier               Charge-Off      $470

First Premier               Charge-Off      $478

Capital One Bank      Charge-Off      $0

Bloomingdale's          Charge-Off      $475

Macy's                          Charge-Off      $710

Greater Calif.

Financial Services     Collection        $7,120

California Business

Bureau                          Collection       $939

California Business

Bureau                          Collection       $2,118

California Business

Bureau                          Collection       $24,007

State of California       Tax Lien          $0 (Paid)

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lexington Law -- My Story

I wont comment specifically as to any one credit repair organization, but offer some general comments.

For consumers who have no understanding of the credit reporting or repair process, they are better than nothing.

It seems that their primary focus is on sending barrages of GW letters.  Any consumer, with a basic knowledge, can do that.

The best GW letters are usually those that include personal details and pleas, of which no credit repair organization can do without first getting those details from the consumer.  So you do the work, and they fold some details into a form letter.

When credit repair involves more than just pleading for GW, such as contesting accuracy of any reporting, the consumer has legal recourse that credit repair organizations are specifically denied by statute.  Any direct dispute you file can be dismissed without any investigation if their is any indication that you,the consumer, had the assistance of a credit repair organization in its preparation or filing.  Direct disputes are, in my opinion, superior to disputing via a CRA, and you give up the use of that process should you use a credit repair organization in any dispute process.

Message 2 of 39
TrishN
Established Contributor

I'll wait. Let see how is work lol

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 3 of 39
doorsider

I am currently using their services , disputing letters were sent on 10/30/2012  and they already have results for me 4 negative items were taken off , 4 collections

so far i am satisfied with the  results...

Message 4 of 39
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

With all honesty I am using their services as well as my girlfriend. We both have the concord package and the reason I have hired them is because I simply have no time to do it as of right now.

I will keep you all updated as well. My first round of disputes was sent out 11/14/2012 and there already about 50-60 percent complete. Well see what happens, I will use their services until about March, if I do not see ANY improvements they will be fired and I will just let the derogs sit their until they also expire as I garden my cards and let my inquiries fall off.

My report is nearly not as bad as yours but I do have a BK. I know that the BK will be on their indefinetly for the next 10 yrs and it's okay as long as my CR starts to heal and the baddies drop I can keep building the good lines of credit!

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 5 of 39
tmobileguy
New Contributor

I am using their service as well and my situation is fairly similar... I probably would not have used them with all the negative reviews I see had I not used them about 7yrs back and did have some success with them. They got a judgement removed off of my Transunion report and I still have no idea how they did it. I have been only using them for a month so I am still waiting to see how the first round goes with the CRA's but they should be due in anyday... I do have a gripe with LL though already... I have been uploading them documents from responses to GW letters that they have sent out and asked them how to handle them and they have ignored me or not responded to my questions and it has been 2 weeks since they were asked. If they don't produce results, I might just sue them on negligence for the amount I paid them on the simple fact that they have not guided me on how to handle these responses...to me that is negligent and is a material breach of my contract with them...but till then I am going to hold all reservations for or against them until results start coming in...but to their credit, they did do a fairly good job the last I used them 7yrs ago... I am trying to attack the problem from all angles by using them, doing what I can do, and I will sue each and every one of the CA's and banks if they refuse to report accurately or refuse to delete if they can't report accurately...

Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 39
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am a firm advocate of using the direct dispute process rather than disputing through a CRA, as it has many advantages, not the least of which is ensuring that all of your supporting documentation is received by the creditor/debt collector.

You give up the right to that process if you use a credit repair organization to handle your disputes.  They can only use the CRA dispute process, subjecting your dispute to the sanitation of the CRA e-Oscar process. 

Message 7 of 39
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Today I received word that Northern Resolution Group had been removed off of my Equifax report. They have two accounts showing on EQ and TU. These accounts populated AFTER I initiated Lexington Law. I disputed them online via Equifax.com so I am unsure if it is MY efforts or theirs. About 65% through the first cycle..
Message 8 of 39
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Also noticed that a Capital One Chargeoff has not changed except the PAY STATUS is now blank, where it said CHARGEOFF before. This resulted in an 8 pt increase.
Message 9 of 39
TrishN
Established Contributor

You have to paid it first, if not CA gone by dispute they may pop up with new CA,

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.