Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington Law - Results so far...

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Lexington Law - Results so far...

you are doing more harm than you know by letting a SO called credit repair company send dv's on your behalf, just FYI!!!!!!

Message 51 of 60
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Unless you need to have inquiry's removed (which is very difficult unless they are in error) you do not need to pay the full $99.95.
I went with the $99.95 a month first, printed the inquiry letters then went down to $79.95 a month. Also they have inquiry dispute letters here.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 52 of 60
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:
Unless you need to have inquiry's removed (which is very difficult unless they are in error) you do not need to pay the full $99.95.
I went with the $99.95 a month first, printed the inquiry letters then went down to $79.95 a month. Also they have inquiry dispute letters here.

myFICO will never have a dispute letter for inquires unless it was submitted by a poster. Inquiries like accurate TL's should never be disputed!!!

Message 53 of 60
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Dab ears-
Are you telling me if you have an inaccurate inquiry you can not dispute it with the creditor under the permissible purpose provisions of the FCRA.? Because I had several removed disputing them under the Act and nothing negative happened!
Message 54 of 60
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Lasardo wrote:
Dab ears-
Are you telling me if you have an inaccurate inquiry you can not dispute it with the creditor under the permissible purpose provisions of the FCRA.? Because I had several removed disputing them under the Act and nothing negative happened!

There is your key word in the disputes.  I believe dabears is saying you can't dispute accurate information or inquiries.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 55 of 60
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

If youre going to use a firm for all the leg work, id atleast write the PFDs and GWs personally.

At the end of the day, PFDs and GWs are nothing more than asking them to do you a solid. Imagine gettin a letter from someone asking you to do them a personal favor, and it was signed by their attorney...

Message 56 of 60
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Lasardo wrote:
Dab ears-

There is your key word in the disputes.  I believe dabears is saying you can't dispute accurate information or inquiries.

Correct Shogun, It was a long a day yesterday. LOL

Message 57 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

ooops.  Acidentally hit the "Post" button on my phone.  Sorry! Smiley Embarassed

Message 58 of 60
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I removed (6) inaccurate inquiry's using the permissible purpose provisions of the FCRA but with Kohls Capone I used a GW LETTER. I had (3) there. Each time I applied for a 20% discount at the registrar it pulled my credit, I did not understand this at the time and explained that. As a GW .. They removed them.
I suppose I got very lucky there.
Message 59 of 60
Lasardo
Established Contributor

LL never uses their name, they use yours. They send you a letter they will send to the creditor (sometimes) and have you notorized it.
I agree, PFD and GW should be done on your own. I ONLY used LL for the difficult medical accounts.
Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.