Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington law

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lexington law

I recently paid off all collections and charge offs on my credit reports and my scores are all above 650. I was approved for a few good cards (low sl's). Would Lexington Law be able to remove the derogatory items on my report if they're legitimate?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexington law

Avoid them.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are money stealing conartists.  There is no magic they can do for your credit that you cant do for yourself for free.  F- them.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with above posts. If you read and study these forums and have a few hours a week. You can do it yourself for free. Other than postage and other minor expenses.
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess that answers my question.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. I don't think I answered your question. About being legit. I've never used Lexington Law, I did my own credit repair. But don't they send letters and disputes on your behalf? With your signatures?
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

im using them and they are working for me eg so far in the 2 months i have gotten 4 out of the 19 bad marks removed so far.  yes i could do this myself but id rather spend my free time doing fun things and the 79 per month i am paying is trivial.  just keep in mind its not a quick process and expect it to take 6-12 months.  replies like f them and avoid them are not helpful imo.  

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant "legitimate" as in my debts are valid, i know i didn't pay them when i was supposed to. There's really nothing to dispute
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I meant "legitimate" as in my debts are valid, i know i didn't pay them when i was supposed to. There's really nothing to dispute

Ok, got ya. If they are valid and they somehow got them off, plan on them inevitably returning.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never used them, but I'm not opposed to it. May even use them one of these days; or another similar service. 

Lots of folks will regurgitate the same 'you can do it yourself' line that you'll frequently see used almost verbatim. Well, I find fault in that logic. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of things we pay others to do that we could do ourselves. I've paid people to change my oil, sweep my chimney, redo my roof, and install a new heatpump in the past few months. All were things I could've done myself (some easier than others, with a little research) but had no time or desire to do so; or expertise when it comes to roof and HVAC.

Sometimes it's easier/better/safer/more convenient to pay others to do things versus taking them on ourselves. It's a personal, individual, choice that one should make for themselves. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you must. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.