Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington law

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexington law

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never used them, but I'm not opposed to it. May even use them one of these days; or another similar service. 

Lots of folks will regurgitate the same 'you can do it yourself' line that you'll frequently see used almost verbatim. Well, I find fault in that logic. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of things we pay others to do that we could do ourselves. I've paid people to change my oil, sweep my chimney, redo my roof, and install a new heatpump in the past few months. All were things I could've done myself (some easier than others, with a little research) but had no time or desire to do so; or expertise when it comes to roof and HVAC.

Sometimes it's easier/better/safer/more convenient to pay others to do things versus taking them on ourselves. It's a personal, individual, choice that one should make for themselves. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you must. 

All the power to you. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never used them, but I'm not opposed to it. May even use them one of these days; or another similar service. 

Lots of folks will regurgitate the same 'you can do it yourself' line that you'll frequently see used almost verbatim. Well, I find fault in that logic. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of things we pay others to do that we could do ourselves. I've paid people to change my oil, sweep my chimney, redo my roof, and install a new heatpump in the past few months. All were things I could've done myself (some easier than others, with a little research) but had no time or desire to do so; or expertise when it comes to roof and HVAC.

Sometimes it's easier/better/safer/more convenient to pay others to do things versus taking them on ourselves. It's a personal, individual, choice that one should make for themselves. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you must. 

Its not really even an issue of whether you "can" do it your self - the truth is, you have many more weapons at your disposal, than they do. They are pretty much limited to disputing with the CRA's/CAs. You, OTOH, have the dispute process to use, DV process, ID Theft process, and ony YOU can write personal, effective goodwill requests.

So its more like an expert mechanic taking his car to Quick Lube and expecting a complete tune-up.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with everyone else. You can do your own credit repair and save your money or use it to pay off debt. When I started my credit repair journey a couple of years ago I considered using them but after finding this site I decided to do it myself. It's a lot of work but it's so rewarding. It became a part-time job for me. I went from mid 500s to 740 within 1 year by using the information I've learned here. You can do it! 

Message 13 of 23
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Like clockwork...I knew what the responses would be as soon as I saw the thread.  All the OP had to do was research Lexington Law and they could have saved themselves the trouble of waiting for the same replies that are given in each thread about LL.  Sometimes I wish someone would post a success story to counterbalance the obvious disdain for this company on this forum.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant "legitimate" as in my debts are valid, i know i didn't pay them when i was supposed to. There's really nothing to dispute

you still have rights as a consumer.  the way i believe it works, as i have seen copies of the letters they send, is they request debt validation and not just a copy of an account statement but everything that is required by law.  if the creditor or debt collector cant provide what they ask for or provide it in a timely fashion then it has to be removed.  the way i see it is the more i increase my scores the less interest i will have to pay moving forward.  again you have to be patient its not going to come off in the first week much less the first few months.  
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your 2 cents A1, but I read all the other threads. I was curious if (and how) they can have negatives removed knowing they are valid. I'm sure I could do this myself if I wanted to, I just thought it would be more efficient to hire a professional.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your 2 cents A1, but I read all the other threads. I was curious if (and how) they can have negatives removed knowing they are valid. I'm sure I could do this myself if I wanted to, I just thought it would be more efficient to hire a professional.

The likelihood of valid negatives returning are very real. If you read Lexington Law threads, people are always reporting removed negatives quite frequently return.

It's very unlikely a real negative debt that you created and you know is yours is just going to go away.. 

Message 17 of 23
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think my post was worth more than 2 cents but, eh whatever.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they do remove a VALID debt it will come back as others said.. Also like some others have said, Its better to do it your self because only you know your credit file like the back of your hand and the letters they send for you wont look any different then the letters you would send.. If anything the letters you draft and send will look better. Use a template then edit it to fit your needs and to where it dont look like a generic internet spun letter. Make it come from the heart.

The letters they send out ( WONT ) be on LL or any type of attorney letterhead ( I think most people think that - thats the case and hopes that letterhead will scare the CA. However it dont work like that )

Most of these credit repair companies use a 1 size fits all method and not fully analyze your files and come up with a custom solution for you. The 1 size fits all wont really work because just like finger prints NO two persons credit files will be the same.

As for people calling Lexington or any other credit repair company a scam.. I think some get mixed up thinking they are paying said company to delete the DEROG's...

Once again thats not what you are paying them for. Their not the good ol boy cop the next town over that you can pay $100 to delete that speeding ticket out the system..

You are paying them for a service for them to send letters to TRY and get DEROG's off your file & As long as they are sending the letters & filing disputes then they are fulfilling the service you are paying for..

9 out of 10 though if you dispute a valid debt and get it removed its sure to show back up on your files unless you yourself takes an ethical approach to remove the debt.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before we get too far on this subject let me remind people of the Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines which specifically prohibit:

Promotion of a credit repair organization, as defined in the federal Credit Repair Organizations Act or similar state laws, or the services of such an organization;

Lexington Law falls under the definition of a credit repair organization.  If you advocate that someone use LL or a similar organization then you would be violating these guidelines so please refrain from doing so. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Irish80
MyFICO Moderator

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.