llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lexington law?

Nothing.

Message 2 of 10
J_G
Regular Contributor

I used them and am using them again because i am too lazy to do it myself. But they only dispute 2 items on each report every month. So if you have a lot of stuff it will take a long time! But they do dispute you that's all.
7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 3 of 10
azguy13
Senior Contributor

It is a complete waste of time. All they will do is direct dispute with the CRA. Oh, and they are also not a law firm. They just have the word "law" in their name. You can do in 30 mintures what these people charge you $100 for. 

People like them prey on the ignorance and distress of others. They are down there with the bottomfeeder collection agencies

Message 4 of 10
jbrown773
Contributor

Thats what I thought. Thanks

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

I used Sky Blue. Who did a great job for me. They were only $49 per month and they dispute up to 15 items I believe per month. I would use them again should the need arise. It was my choice to use the for the two months I did to rid my report of baddies. It was my choice and I am quite happy about it!

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Message 6 of 10
jbrown773
Contributor

@CAnNY wrote:
I used Sky Blue. Who did a great job for me. They were only $49 per month and they dispute up to 15 items I believe per month. I would use them again should the need arise. It was my choice to use the for the two months I did to rid my report of baddies. It was my choice and I am quite happy about it!

When sky blue disputes stuff how does it come off? the creditor just drops it? I mean surely not everything can come off

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Message 7 of 10
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

Lexington Law: disputes bankruptcy that is public record despite being told explicitly NOT to do so

Lexington Law: harasses creditors so that when an individual sends his/her own letter, it is disregarded as frivolous

How do I know?  I used them.  Never, ever again.

Message 8 of 10
Sonic98
New Contributor

@CAnNY wrote:

I might give Sky Blue a try. I just don't trust these credit repair agencies, especially if you have to pay a fee up front, then pay a monthly fee. I'd be more willing to try one if they gave you a free month or had a pay as you go option, where you pay a small fee anytime something gets deleted. I'd go for that even if I ended up paying slightly more in the end

Message 9 of 10
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I started out using LL because I was so overwhelmed with the credit repair knowledge one needs to dispute an item (at least i thought) They were great BUT limited. They could dispute but not do PFD's or GW's. When I started with LL I had 27 baddies.. Of those LL removed maybe 9, I did the rest through knowledge of this website, learning the FCRA, and using the forums for everything. once I did this I canceled with LL.. The truth is I did not work for the year I was doing this, a lot of time was spent fixing my credit only because there was so much to fix.
Btw- They do not charge you until they have provided a months service and you can go with different tiers ($79,$89,$99).
I'm not familiar with sky blue but if you feel overwhelmed. credit repair may be an option but if you have a lot if PFDs and GW's then I suggest going it on your own. We are here to help so maybe you can give us a rundown of your credit profile and we can point you in the right direction.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.