Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexis Nexis

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Lexis Nexis

Just talked to a supervisor at CFPB. I did not know the Lexis Nexis is a CRA. Something new I learn everyday!!! Total of 5 CRA's. 3 major ones are TU, EQ and EX. The other one is Innovis.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Lexis Nexis

They are considered a CRA because they maintain consumer files.  You can get a free report from them also.

Message 2 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 3 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Don't forget Chexsystems  !! 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 10
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

exactly what kind of info is on a person's lexis nexis report? i went to their website for requesting a personal report but apparently its not done online. have to submit request form via mail with id and billing statement for address verification. thought i can submit online like chexsystem. interestingly, the website says they are not a credit reporting agency, but report may include credit reports if a customer of theirs also pulls your cr.

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

1. Is LexisNexis Risk Solutions a credit reporting agency, similar to Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion? Does LexisNexis Risk Solutions create credit reports?

LexisNexis Risk Solutions is not a credit reporting agency and does not create credit reports. We are a reseller of credit information that is compiled and maintained by the three national credit reporting agencies mentioned above. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a consumer reporting agency, however, as defined by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and its state counterparts (FCRA). The RiskView report is used by our customers to determine creditworthiness.

Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

FWIW, LexisNexis was used by my insurance company when I purchased landlord's insurance. It showed as a SP on behalf of Safeco

Message 7 of 10
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

CFPB List of Credit reporting agencies, if anyone is curious.

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201207_cfpb_list_consumer-reporting-agencies.pdf
Message 8 of 10
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Well this is weird.  I called the gas company to sign up for new service, and they ran my credit to see if I had to pay a $150 deposit.  For the first time in my life, I was told that my credit wasn't good enough to avoid the deposit!

Up until a few months ago, my score has been around 800.  Never had a late payment, always have a low balance on my cards, etc.  I knew my credit would take a hit recently, because I just closed on my house in late-September so I have a new account (mortgage), plus I opened an account with Ashley Furniture and a new Capital One credit card.  So three new accounts, with inquiries to go along with them.  When I applied for my mortgage, my scores were 790+.  According to Credit Karma, my score went down 5 points in the last month.

I just received a letter from the gas company saying that they used Lexis Nexis and my score was 627 (on a scale from 500-900).  I'm going to have to request a copy of it (annoying that they can't just do it online), because something's not right here.  There's no way 3 new accounts would put you from elite all the way down to bad credit.  I can get a $300K mortgage loan but I can't avoid a $150 deposit? Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 10
coterotie
Established Contributor

They also maintain a database of automobile moving violations etc.  It is impossible to get them to correct this information.  I battled with them for 3 years trying to get a speeding ticket deleted that the judge threw out.  (nol prossed)  Ended up paying an increased auto insurance rate for 3 years.  First they denied they issed the report, then said they couldn't correct anything that I would have to take it up with the insurance company who then said they wouldn't make any changes unless Lexis Nexis changed it.  Got copies from the court to send to everyone, a huge hassle and it still didn't work because of Lexis Nexis intransigence. 

Full disclosure I worked for Wolters Kluwer and Thomson/Reuters, major competitors of Reed Elsivier.  I knew the system from the inside and still couldn't get anything done.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.