Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing CACH

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Licensing CACH

I settled on a charge off with CACH LLC back in 2007 before I joined the boards. I did not know of a PFD at that time and my GW efforts have fallen short. I checked CACH LLC Licensing in my state and only found:

COLLECT AMERICA COMMERCIAL SERVICES INC 

16011 COLLEGE BLVD STE 101   License No: 49180
LENEXA, KS  66219  Phone: (913) 888-8300  Start Date: 05/31/2005
Renewal Date: 05/31/2009

Is this their parent company or is it possible CACH is not licensed in Oregon. 

This is the CA information reporting on EQ report:

CACH, LLC  
Agency Address: 370 17th St Ste 5000
Denver, CO 802025690
(877) 248-8343

Is their any other route or approach I should take to resolve this?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Re: Licensing CACH

Collect America is the parent company of CACH. I think if you call the number to CACH you can see who your file was assigned to for collection, and then check if they're licensed. I had to deal with them last fall. I'll find the thread then edit to post the link.

Edit to add: Here's the link and my letter to them:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&message.id=30986&query.id=...

Message Edited by ralbusta on 04-16-2009 12:22 PM
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did get a chance to read your success story post. I was wondering if i could play the "CACH" is not liscensed as well as their attorney the CA operated under wasn;t licesened. I'll give it a shot....the worst thing that could happen is i get another "Yadda Yadda Yadda Sorry" response. All my GW's prior to this attempt were to the attorney's office and the correspondance address on their letters. I will try this Sr VP you used on your letter.  
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd be better off checking your state statutes to determine who needs to be licensed. Does each office needs licensing? Just the parent company? Etc?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per the State of Oregon website: -

Prerequisites: All company names must be authorized for use in Oregon by the Secretary of State, Business Registry Section.

I was not able to find CACH LLC on the Business Registry. I was only able to find the following link.

Edit: Added Link to business registry site.

http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_web_name_srch_inq.show_detl?p_be_rsn=1097135&p_srce=BR_INQ&p_prin...

Message Edited by rabdelr on 04-16-2009 11:59 AM
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might have to call SoS.

Have you checked the State Resources link?

rabdelr wrote:

Per the State of Oregon website: -

Prerequisites: All company names must be authorized for use in Oregon by the Secretary of State, Business Registry Section.

I was not able to find where i can search for the Business Registry. I was only able to look at the licensed companaies directory for the State of Oregon.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 04-16-2009 02:00 PM
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was only able to find Collect America Comercial Services Inc on the registry. Can anyone confirm if Collect America Comercial Services Inc is actually the parent company of CACH LLC.
Message 7 of 10
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

The collect america that is the parent company is located in Denver, CO. Same address as CACH. Just as stated above you may have to call your State. Some of the firms licensed weren't online in my case, but were confirmed to be licensed after I callled. I also got a letter from the State stating that CACH and collect america  were not licensed and sent a copy to CACH along with my letter. It was removed the day after they received my letter.

They overnighted me a response letter from their attorney stating blah blah we don't agree but we're deleting. So it worked for me.

Message 8 of 10
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Using google I found out that collect america commercial services is a subsidary of collect america, so it seems as though they are licensed to collect. But if CACH isn't and that's what's on your report I'd fight it.

PS - CACH is also a subsidary of collect america, so they're all the same beast just different names.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give the SoS a call to veirfy the information i have researched and if it is in fact true they are unlicensed, i will take the same approach you did and share my results. Thanks for the support thus far!

Combined posts:

I emailed SoS and Business Regitry. I also sent and inquiry to the licensing division. **cross my fingers**

Message Edited by rabdelr on 04-16-2009 01:44 PM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.