Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lien Release & Pending Withdrawl & TU Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lien Release & Pending Withdrawl & TU Collection

Im am getting close to the end of my credit repair journey. Im hoping for some advice on how to the handle or time the following items.

IRS Tax Lien - Balance is paid in full, received lien release in mail from the IRS a week ago. I spoke with one of the lien controllers the day I paid my balances who said I shouldnt have a problem getting it withdrawn so I went ahead and mailed out my IRS withdrawl form 12277. I sent it out a week after paying in full my balance amounts knowing there would be a gap in processing time of the release and a gap in processing time of the withdrawl. Wanted to maximize my timing. Controller thought it was a good idea. As of today I have not received the withdrawl confirmation. I want to say it was mailed on 10/14.

Transunion Collection - Received letter of deletion last week. Had to stick a nasty CFPB and BBB complaint on them to have them make good on our PFD. This is my final collection on all 3 of the CRA's.

Question is this. Im an impatien person. I was thinking of submitting disputes online to all 3 CRA's stating the lien should be withdrawn hoping by the time the CRA's get to them the withdrawl would have been processed. Worst case scenerio is its updated to released.  Will also include the transunion collection with the online dispute.

Am I pushing my luck here or should i just wait it out until the withdrawl notice arrives and send the Transunion collection out on its own? Im just really tired of seeing that IRS lien on my reports as "open". As much as I want it to be removed, Id sleep better at night seeing it as "released" in the meantime.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lien Release & Pending Withdrawl & TU Collection

bump

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck. We sent in that same form months after an IRS lien was paid in full and got a letter from the IRS about a month and a half later saying they were still researching it and would need additional time. Two months later we got a letter saying they could not find a record of the lien and would need us to send in proof of its existence. I don't understand how the IRS can do whatever they want without repercussion. They are so quick to send people to collection but slow as molasses at resolving any issues.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

And it's now over 7 years old.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's crazy! They asked you to send proof of the lien? Wow... Is it all squared away now?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.