cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line of credit considered in utilization?

tag
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Line of credit considered in utilization?

I was just wondering if Navy FCU Navchek account is factored into FICO utilization? I pay mine off before statement is reported but I think I may need another secured card to go with my nRewards card to mix it up.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Line of credit considered in utilization?

If you were approved for the LOC with NFCU why would you need a secured card? What is your credit like? 

I do not know how the LOC reports, I have not applied for it. YET

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 6
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

My credit is in the toilet. I'm working on a rebuild. Scores are TU 521 EQ 511 EX Quizzle 538. I've had this LOC for over a year and my credit card for almost 5 years. Just trying to work on util while I wait for some GW responses for a paid judgement. I think my chargeoff with Cap1 is killing me 559/300.
Message 3 of 6
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Gotcha!!

Well in that case I would not worry about getting another secured card right now. I would use that money to pay toward your debt. Get started on getting all the negatives removed starting with the most recent ones and work your way back. 

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

NFCU's LOC reports like a credit card and util does play in just so you know.   Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 6
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Great! From what I've read utilization is the quickest way to gain points. As I've been maxed on all my accts for two years, I'm finally paying them off so it should help. My old CU has agreed to remove their chargeoff and the plaintiffs' lawyer in my judgement has also agreed to a motion to vacate. All that is left is a Cap1 chargeoff, a few collections paid and unpaid, and a paid tax lien. Here's to a bump soon!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.