Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lisa's Rebuild Log! :)

tag
lmfields
New Contributor

Re: Lisa's Rebuild Log! :)

Update: this morning, both NCO accounts were again removed from freecreditreport(dot)com EX report... not sure what is going on, but my husband regained those 11 points he had lost- woohoo!  mailed those letters to Seventh Ave. and Hunter Warfield yesterday, so hoping for something from them next week.  Also rec'd husband's TU report in the mail yesterday, and there are a few additional baddies that aren't reporting to EX or EQ, so I will deal with those next week I guess.  I don't have the strength to do any more this week!

Starting Score: Me:530 Him:519
Current Score: (CK) Me:535 Him:534
Goal Score: 650+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 30
lmfields
New Contributor

Another update- nothing earth-shattering, but my oldest CC which was reporting as 30, 60 & 90 days past due in 2008, as well as the odd "collection" account that was appearing even though the account was never charged off or anything both disappeared as of today.  I called creditscore(dot)com to cancel my membership so I could go with another service, but they enticed me with a free 3-bureau report... I could not resist.  I only wonder how this will affect my AAoA, but right now I am more concerned with a clean report.  Not a single point increase though.  Guess I can't expect much with this damn tax lien hovering over me!

Message 22 of 30
lmfields
New Contributor

Today's update:  +1 whole point as of yesterday.  Guess it's better than minus any points.  I guess this is because of the loss of that really old account reporting 90 day lates.  Received an email from the president of seventh avenue yesterday that he had received my letter, apologized for the inconvenience and will have one of his associates look into it.  I smell a charge-off deletion but I don't want to get too confident yet.  Got a response from BBB for broadstripe cable- they got the accounts mixed up and told me I owe the $92 (which I do, paying OC as soon as possible) but the complaint was for an incorrect $596 balance from 2010 for equipment we returned and they never credited.  I sent my rebuttal, waiting to see what shakes out of that.  No response yet for BBB complaint to Credit Protection for not responding to my DV letter, or from LVNV (was told account would be removed once paid, it wasn't.) asking for deletion- we shall see what happens on these this week hopefully.  Received a letter from DLLR about Credit & Receivables / IBO credit services, an unpaid collection account on my husband's report- not licensed to collect in MD.  They are looking into it, so I will give them another week and then call to check status.  Lots going on right now, think I will hold off on initiating any more until some of this stuff calms down and I get responses.

Message 23 of 30
Shokk
Established Contributor

Congrats on the progress so far!

Forgive me if I missed something, but I would advise getting some open accounts if you haven't already. Your scores are still pretty low, but I was able to get unsecured cards with scores in that range.  Do secured ones if you must, but its important to get the positive trade lines going again. 

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 24 of 30
lmfields
New Contributor

Thanks for the input- absolutely, we are about to do that.  Just have to wait for that almightly tax return to free up funds to open a secured card for each of us.  My husband did get approved for Fingerhut ($230, lol) also.  I think we are going to try OpenSky Visa when we can Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 30
lmfields
New Contributor

Came home to a nice letter from NCO that they are deleting 2 accounts, but ummm... I don't recognize the account numbers... I am thinking these are the 2 I sent the DV letter for because this letter came from the same lady who sent a letter back asking for more info on my request. I tried to call but can't get through (weird). Maybe that is why they added and then removed them to experian last week? Either way, 2 more bite the dust. I just wonder if they were the paid or unpaid accounts, that makes a big difference. Also reviewed hubby's TU report and realized his GE walmart charge off is listed as being removed next month! Woo Hoo! Moving on to the next baddies... an unpaid collection from just last year that I need to DV, and a 6 year old collection my husband is paying on through a debt consolidation (dummy) that is reporting an incorrect balance.

Message 26 of 30
lmfields
New Contributor

+9 points for hubby today after United Consumers dropped off... can't wait until these NCO accounts drop, that should be a little bump too.  Emailed DLLR to check on the status of my complaint about IBO services (unlicensed CA in my state).  Faxed Enhanced Recovery credit report page to show their entry was not removed from hubby's TU report when the account was sold to Convergent.  Realized today that we are paying convergent monthly (through debt consolidation which we are just about done with! yay!), but they are not reporting anywhere... weird... I wonder if the DoFD is wrong like I suspected, so they cannot report?  Calling Sprint to verify.  Finally got clarification on all these NCO accounts.  Hospital reported a seperate account for each procedure they did on the same date of service. Jerks. At least 3 of the accounts were removed.  Had to pay $39 because as they were checking into the other accounts, they magically found another from 2013 that was not reporting yet... I paid it swiftly after calling the hospital to verify it was accurate, so NCO will not report because that "account" is closed now.  exhausting day!

Message 27 of 30
lmfields
New Contributor

Not a happy girl this morning... I did wake up to a 10 point bump on CK, but I realize I think it is because my Cap1 CO is now reporting a zero balance, which means they have sold it Smiley Sad  I have not had the cash to pay it yet, or I certainly would have before they sold it.  Wondering if I can scrape together funds and pay whatever collector they assign it to BEFORE they report me?  Ugh, we were moving along so well and now a setback.  Well,  the bright side is that it is on my credit, not my husband's- who will most likely be who we lean on financially when we go to buy a house, with my tax liens my score will most likely be in the toilet for some time.  I don't see that happening (us buying a house) any time soon though.  Maybe 2-3 years, if we can pay off the lien and start saving.  I don't even want to think about it honestly, it seems so far out of reach for us- this world doesn't seem built for honest hard working people (who fell on hard times at one point) to get ahead.  But I am done my pity party now I guess.  No other updates yet- no responses yet from BBB or any other GW letters, think I will send some to Comenity today.

Message 28 of 30
lmfields
New Contributor

Pretty happy about this week's progress... LVNV responded to my BBB complaint and deleeted their TL... and on my husband's report, the $680 open unpaid medical collection from the company that is not licensed to collect in Maryland dropped off today.  DLLR must have completed their investigation so I will be looking for an email from them.  However there was no increase in score today, which was a bummer.  Oh well, maybe it will take some time to see.  Need to get the letters for Comenity sent out when I return to work Monday.  

Message 29 of 30
lmfields
New Contributor

BBB complaint for Credit Protection Association came back today (failed to validate, did not know what it was for) and they are deleting as reported in error- yippee!  no changes in points today for my husband- CK update for me tomorrow, hoping for a little bump then.  Mailing out those letters to Comenity and keeping my fingers crossed... also to an executive at our last apartment complex to see if she can accept payment directly and pull our account from collections... crossing my fingers, toes, and everything else for that to work because that is the most recent issue, and it is on BOTH me and my husband's reports! Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.