Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing as charged off several times

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listing as charged off several times

I was checking my credit report and noticed that several accounts have listed "Charged Off" several times---sometimes month after month for 6 or 7 months?  Isn't this incorrect reporting?  A creditor can only list a debt as charged off once, correct?

How do I get this corrected?  Is there a sample letter to send to the creditor?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Listing as charged off several times

Please paste these COs in this thread.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITIFINANCIAL

Late Dates:CHGOFF: 05/2007 CHGOFF: 3/2007 CHGOFF 2/2007 CHGOFF: 1/2007 CHGOFF 12/2006 CHGOFF 11/2006 120 SLOW 10/2006, etc.

Btw--does anyone know when an SOL starts--the date you open the account of the date it first is deliquent?

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Again, please paste the CO or COs from your report. Otherwise, I can't answer your question.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a PDF so I was unable to cut and paste, but I just listed the CO information in the above post---that's what your looking for, correct?  Or was there someother information I should post?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Are you saying you have several TLs (accounts) on your credit reports for the same debt. Like 7 COs? Or are you saying in the payment history on your credit report, CITIFinancial is updating a CO every month. If it's the later, CITI is allowed to do this.

As for SOL, there is reporting SOL and legal SOL. Please read the following.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=8713

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.