Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Victory!!!

tag
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Little Victory!!!

Started my credit rebuilding 3 months ago with my EQ score of 544.  Received a scorewatch on Thursday that I am now at 609.  

I started out with one judgment, 28 collections, 2 student loans in default and 2 student loans paid in full (only good thing).

I got a secured VISA through my bank for $500 and it has reported for 3 months with less than 6%.

I am in month 4 of my student loan rehabilitation.  I think my biggest score jump will come when all the 120+ days late get removed when I finish rehab.

I have paid for deletion on my collections and currently have 15 still reporting BUT I paid 6 more of those off and the collection agency said they report on the 9th and those will be deleted.  Not expecting this to increase my score at all as I will still have 9 collections reporting.  Two of the nine I am working with the original creditor (they are all medical bills) and they are working on doing an adjustment on my bill.  If they do this than they will pull it back from the collection and that will take away 2 more of them leaving me just 7.  Of the last 7 one will fall off in December and one in March leaving me just 5,  I don't think I will be successful with those.  They are bills included in the judgment and they have been impossible to work with although I have made extra payments to them so they will at least show a zero balance.  Since they are medical bills I will try the HIPPA process once I get all the others deleted.

Thus far I am happy with my progress BUT it is a very slow process.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Little Victory!!!

Congrats!   Patience is the key!  Well that and determination.  Guess it's a double lock.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Little Victory!!!

Congrats

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.