cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little help needed.

tag
Fl_swat

Little help needed.

I remember reading that people did this in the past, but I forgot what it is called.

If you have late payments on a credit card you can (if they agree) close the account and its completely removed from your credit history. This helps remove the negatives, but also lowers your average length of credit. Does anyone know what it is called when you do this or attempt to do this?

Thanks for any info!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Little help needed.

@Fl_swat wrote:

I remember reading that people did this in the past, but I forgot what it is called.

If you have late payments on a credit card you can (if they agree) close the account and its completely removed from your credit history. This helps remove the negatives, but also lowers your average length of credit. Does anyone know what it is called when you do this or attempt to do this?

Thanks for any info!

I would call this pie in the sky, there is no such process. The proper way to ask for removal of late payments is with a GW letter.   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Little help needed.

^^^^ +1

Yup, credit myth #2,134

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.