Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Living overseas on a APO AE address

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Living overseas on a APO AE address

Since the zip code is 09128 and is a New York address is the statue of limitations that of new york?

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Living overseas on a APO AE address

I think I've asked before, are you military?

It would go by the state you currently reside.  However, being out of the county could toll the SOL.

Message 2 of 7
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Yes I am military, the reason I ask because APO, AE address are considered New York address. I wanted to take advantage of the 5 year rule on paid collections I have one left and would like to take advantage of this.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For that to apply you have to be a current resident of NYS and with an APO address it is pretty obvious you are overseas.  The APO is a postal routing code.

Is your home of record in NY?

Message 4 of 7
dodgeball
Established Contributor

No its not but my home of record is also not on my credit report

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

With the Patriot Act and all that, they may not let you.  You have to have a physical address.

Message 6 of 7
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Hmmmm, we where briefed that APO addresses where the one and only exception to the patriot act. NFCU, Barclays, Chase  and USAA both dont require anything other than a APO address so I think the language is very unclear on this to be honest.

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.