Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Company Ceasing Operations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan Company Ceasing Operations

So, I have a personal loan with a company that has ceased operations. I've had the loan for a little over a year and have a 30 & 60 day late payment reporting. I received notification that my loan will be serviced by another company. THe loan is only reporting on my Equifax report.  My questions is what will be the best way to dispute the late payments with Equifax if I do an online dispute?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan Company Ceasing Operations

Is the information accurate? We're you late?

If answer is yes on both, what is the basis of your dispute?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Technically, I was late, but that was due to the company giving me the wrong address to send my payment. I've spoken with the laon company to have the lates removed but they wouldnt budge.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your not going to get them removed disputing them through Equifax with that reason.

Your best bet would be calling the new loan servicing company and try to plead your case with them and try to get a goodwill deletion. It appears your attempt was unsuccessful with them on your first attempt.

I would suggest finding the contact info for someone on the leadership team of the loan servicing company and try again through email or snail mail.

Doubt they will buy your story.

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Agree. At this point trying for a deletion from the reporting company is the next option.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.