Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan officer recommended I use equidata.net

tag
samdubs
Contributor

Loan officer recommended I use equidata.net

At the start of my rebuilding I spoke with a mortgage loan officer who recommended I use equidata.net for my official scores because he said they used this data instead of FICO for credit scores and this would show me my true scores. I actually ran all 3 reports from the site and they are way different even from myfico. They are lower but the reports show a lot more info than I have found anywhere else. Any one have better results with that site?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Re: Loan officer recommended I use equidata.net

First time I have heard of them. I do see they offer this as a service as well. Accounts Receivable Management ServicesSmiley Indifferent I would just read more information about them. I may think about getting another mortgage loan officer as well. 90% of all banks will use a FICO score.

Message 2 of 11
wildbillcody
Regular Contributor

Never heard of them but for grins and giggles I pulled my scores and they are much higher
Lender pulled fico scores 4-11-2013
Equifax 670, Exp 673, TU 672
Message 3 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Their scores are based on ScoreXPlus, EX scores.

The score just about everything in your CR.

Message 4 of 11
wildbillcody
Regular Contributor

I'm meeting with a loan officer Thursday and I'm going to ask her if she's ever heard of them
Lender pulled fico scores 4-11-2013
Equifax 670, Exp 673, TU 672
Message 5 of 11
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

From their site 

Is EQUIDATA a credit bureau?

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 6 of 11
RSCo
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Their scores are based on ScoreXPlus, EX scores.

The score just about everything in your CR.

Hmm.. these people look a bit shady...  It appears that they are BOTH a "Credit Reporting Agency"   A N D    a collection company.... Seems like a bit of a conflict of interest... So they mine their own "customer" data, those who pay them to see their credit reports, to look for collection opportunities and then goes after those whose credit profiles seem to suggest that they would be able to pay on the outstanding debt..  IMO..    Hmmmmmm...

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 7 of 11
RSCo
Established Contributor

WOW.. right from their own website..

"It is our policy to not only collect accounts in a professional and friendly manner but to look upon debtors as your customer and apply our collection techniques in a manner to ensure there are no negative reactions preventing the consumer from returning to the clients place of business in the future."

In other words.... We mine our own customers credit data, look for opportunities to "professionally collect" on those outstanding debts all while portraying to the customers who come to us and pay for their credit reports, that we really want them to be able to re-establish new relationships with the creditors they burned AND WE BOUGHT THE OUTSTANDING account from...

Hmmmm.. Just ask yourself this.. What would you do if all of the 3 main national credit reporting agencies ALSO started up collection operations.... They wouldn't have to look too far outside their own businesses to find consumers who they could then turn around and collect on and hold them hostage.. aka PFDs....   Shady if you ask me..  Smiley Happy

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 8 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They also state they are the leading provider of reports since 1905.  I see they have a lot of different mortgage reporting software.

Message 9 of 11
samdubs
Contributor

I was referred to this by a VA mortgage lender.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.