Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Equifax online dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Locked out of Equifax online dispute

has this happened to anyone else recently? I found some older forum posts about it but nothing recent. 

I've been trying to dispute something all week. When I first got in, it asked me verification questions. TU and EX both asked me relevant questions.  EQ asked me about loans and CCs opened in 2011/12 when I was firmly entrenched in ch 13, unable to get loans or CCs. So I selected "does not apply" for all of them (none of the options even sounded like any of the banks my debt may have appeared to have been transferred to) and got locked out. Okay. So I called their customer service (worthless) to get it unlocked, but they wouldn't do it. They'd only let me do a dispute over the phone, which I didn't wanna do. Then they tried to sell me their credit monitoring service for 10 mins. 

The information you provided does not match our records so we are unable to process your request online.
Please FAX your dispute and a copy of your driver's license to 888 826-0549.

How can I fix this?? I don't want to fax my dispute and DL. I don't have a convenient fax machine (I'm surely not faxing anything credit related from work! Don't need someone to see how crappy my credit is and it becomes the new hot topic of conversation). I just want to do it online. Sure wish Credit Karma offered direct dispute for EQ like they do for TU. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Locked out of Equifax online dispute

https://www.experian.com/disputes/how-to-dispute.html

you can slo dispute by uploading vs fax 

• You can dispute without a credit report by writing to Experian’s National Consumer Assistance Center, P.O. Box 4500, Allen, TX 75013, or by submitting your dispute and uploading any supporting documents at experian.com/upload.
Message 2 of 10
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Or if you're unable to upload for whatever reason, you may want to try to fax at Office Depot or Kinkos. They usually charge about $1 or $2.
Hopefully you were able to upload.
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is still pen, paper, and a good 'ole postage stamp.....

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd go old school and send it snail mail Certified or signature recipt. It may take longer, but you'll have a paper trail to prove your efforts.

Message 5 of 10
Coolermaster007
Contributor

Just leave it alone for a week or so it should unlock by itself giving you another chance to get the answers correct allowing you access to dispute & upload
Message 6 of 10
Truth316
New Contributor

Google "back door to the 3 credit bureaus" and go to the first one that pops up. I had the same problem but i use the link the guy provided and I was able to dispute online once again.
Message 7 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

1-800-846-5279

Equifax office of consumer affairs.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all!!

I think I have traced the error back to my address not matching what they have on file. Although on the last EQ CR I pulled, it had my current address on it.

SNAIL MAIL it is! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You might also, if the nature of your dispute warrants, consider sending a direct dispute to the furnisher rather than disputing via a CRA.

That way, you are assured that ALL your supporting documentation and arguments are received by the furnisher and considered as part of their investigation rather than only the info forwarded to them by the CRA through their e-Oscar referral system.

A direct dispute can be used unless your dispute relates to public record information, credit inquiries, or personal identifier information.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.