cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lol....1st it was No revolving credit...

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Lol....1st it was No revolving credit...

I was looking at my TU credit monitoring and it was saying what helps...and what hurts my score...And before my secured CC with the $1,000 CL showed up it would always say...Not having any revolving credit it hurting my score......NOW it's says ....Not having a CL  OVER $2,000.00 is hurting my score....what the heck!!! I can't catch a break Smiley Sad     lol

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lol....1st it was No revolving credit...

@Cheryla18 wrote:

I was looking at my TU credit monitoring and it was saying what helps...and what hurts my score...And before my secured CC with the $1,000 CL showed up it would always say...Not having any revolving credit it hurting my score......NOW it's says ....Not having a CL  OVER $2,000.00 is hurting my score....what the heck!!! I can't catch a break Smiley Sad     lol

Cheryl

Thank goodness that's a FAKO score.

Message 2 of 7
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Cheryl

Thank goodness that's a FAKO score.

I agree Completely!!!

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Some FAKOs will ding you for not having high CLs. That's what I thought about FICO scoring when I first joined. I clearly recall a poster who was in her 60s. IIRC, she had a mortgage and 3 CCs and all 3 FICO scores were in the 800s. All 3 CCs were $500 and under and it seemed like $500, $300, and $200 CL (that was Target I remember). My misconception is that higher CLs make higher scores. It's easy to make that inference because anyone who posts in CCs with high CLs has a high FICO usually. But the opposite was true. It was the high scores that led to higher CLs. In her case she refused to allow CLIs. She said she didn't want any more credit and would always ask for a CLD if they gave it to her automatically. She taught me a lesson that higher CLs don't equal higher scores (well, FICO anyway).

Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I wish you can share points with others!!!!! 

Message 6 of 7
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

I wish you can share points with others!!!!! 

Me 2!!!

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.