Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long road comming to end....

tag
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Long road comming to end....

The end is almost near..this morning was a first in 15 years for me. My credit score made it to 651 and is still climbing.  Its been 15 years since I had a score this big.  Its a lil embarasing taht it took this long but ever again do I want to be in the 500 club.

This time last year I had 8 Charge-Offs, 4 collections for baddies

Today I have 3 baddies left, all paid off.

My baddies:

Midland, Calvary and Cap1.

Midland is soon to be delete just waiting

Calvary is a great big pain in the ass, they sure know how to give it to you.  I'm trying to get this delted but they keep on giving it to you raw when you try and deal with them.

Capital One I just have a return a call to the Executive offices.  Im kind of afraid to delte this one because of the age, but it has alot of 90s so its better to get off..I think

Midland I have to give Kudos to.  Their updated credit reporting policy should be a policy all collection companies abide by.   I feel a collections account should not be something that burdens your credit after being paid, but it should be leverage when reported to get you to pay.  There is one other company I know of that deletes collection accounts after payment.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Long road comming to end....

That's so exciting! Congratulations.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! It's nice to see your hard work paying off.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP Super Congratulations!! I started in the 400 club then made it to the 500 club.  I was stayed in the 600 club a long time and just made it to the 700 club.  Everybody is different.  You will probably make it to 700 quickly!

Message 4 of 6
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

I was squarely in the 400 club- a dubious distinction to say the least. I'm not going back there either. Double unemployment, then behind on all student loans, then near repossession of my car, then divorce, then foreclosure. 

Glad to hear your scores are over 650 now! It takes determination to pull out of that hole. I too have battled back and just got my new EX-FICO for March at 671. 

Seeing those numbers climb every month has been a huge weight off my shoulders as I plan for a new house for myself and two kids. I suspect that you too feel like doors are reopening to you. Keep up the good work!

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
4/1/24 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $152,300

Message 5 of 6
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

I'm looking foward to a HELOC so I can get improvments done to my house.  Once I can get my the rest of my baddies off I can shop around finally. 

I once was in the 400 club too...

I just can wish I can find a FICO Calculaor that you can make multiple score simulations (ie what i I delete this or better verbage, what happens when this ages off).  I am just courious to what a Midland deletion will do.  This was just paid, but its reporting a 0 balance, recent deliquency and derog still. 

Does anyone know where I can find what  my  Beacon 5 score  with Experian's report?

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.