cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time Lurker with a question...

tag

Long time Lurker with a question...

Let me start off by saying this Forum is great. I started reading and using advice in March of 2013 with a TU of 493. 1 year later I am sitting at 640 to 653 on all 3 scores. My Util % is always under 9%, My income is north of 120,000 a year. With that being said, I still have three major blemishes I cannot get rid of. Blemishes that caused BOA to DECLINE me for a SECURED card. (Their Words) Which just infuriated me.

With 17 positive reporting accounts in the last 2 years. Including 6 Store cards, 4 Unsecured cards and 1 Secured card,  An Auto Loan. 5 different loans for funitured taken out and paid off in the last 14 months ranging from $950 to $4100... I was just... Hurt.

One is a Collection account from 1999. It was a unpaid auto loan that went to collections and was charged off. In 2011 Santander bought the account and tried to collect on it for a year without ever contanting me. (I work in the Oil and Gas industry so I move around, ALOT)

Two was a State Tax lien for under $260 that I paid as soon as I found out about it. (The moving around working in 6 different states thing)

The third is a 30 day late thanks to First Premier adding their $7 fee on after I paid the balance for that month. So the next due date I assumed I had a zero balance, and until I made the next payment, I had no idea they had dinged me for the 30 Days late.

Should Santander still be reporting something that is 15 years old?

Should the lien still be showing up if it's been taken care of?

Why would I be applying for a BOA Secured card if I didn't have dings? Isn't that why it's secured? If I had no dings, I'd apply for a actual card....

Thanks for any advice or help...

A_N

737 - EQ | 683 - EX | 663 TU - 03/31/14

WPCU Platinum Visa $20K / DCU Rewards Visa $10K / Home Depot $10K / Fifth Third Rewards $7500 / Chase Freedom $1500 (AU) /Barclaycard $750 / Fingerhut $700 / Credit One $550 / NWFCU Visa $500 / Macy's $500 / Quicksilver $500 / Kohl's $400 / J Crew $250 / Buckle $250 / Express $250

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: Long time Lurker with a question...

@Archangel_Nemesis wrote:

Let me start off by saying this Forum is great. I started reading and using advice in March of 2013 with a TU of 493. 1 year later I am sitting at 640 to 653 on all 3 scores. My Util % is always under 9%, My income is north of 120,000 a year. With that being said, I still have three major blemishes I cannot get rid of. Blemishes that caused BOA to DECLINE me for a SECURED card. (Their Words) Which just infuriated me.

With 17 positive reporting accounts in the last 2 years. Including 6 Store cards, 4 Unsecured cards and 1 Secured card,  An Auto Loan. 5 different loans for funitured taken out and paid off in the last 14 months ranging from $950 to $4100... I was just... Hurt.

One is a Collection account from 1999. It was a unpaid auto loan that went to collections and was charged off. In 2011 Santander bought the account and tried to collect on it for a year without ever contanting me. (I work in the Oil and Gas industry so I move around, ALOT)

Two was a State Tax lien for under $260 that I paid as soon as I found out about it. (The moving around working in 6 different states thing)

The third is a 30 day late thanks to First Premier adding their $7 fee on after I paid the balance for that month. So the next due date I assumed I had a zero balance, and until I made the next payment, I had no idea they had dinged me for the 30 Days late.

Should Santander still be reporting something that is 15 years old?  No.  7 years+ 180 from DoFD is longest it can report.  Just because they bought it in 2011 means nothing unless you made a payment to them.

Should the lien still be showing up if it's been taken care of? I'll let someone else chime in on this one.

Why would I be applying for a BOA Secured card if I didn't have dings? Isn't that why it's secured? If I had no dings, I'd apply for a actual card....  Screw BoA then.  Especially if you didn't burn them in the past.  Someone else will gladly take your money.  Completely my opinion!

A_N

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 12

No, I never made a payment to them. (Santander) Should I Contact EQ and dispute or call them and ask them to remove it ? Will that just start the collections process all over again?

No. Never burned them and was offering $2500 for a deposit. I asked the lady, why don't you want my money? She said they'd gladly take it if I get my 3 dings off my report. Lol.

WPCU Platinum Visa $20K / DCU Rewards Visa $10K / Home Depot $10K / Fifth Third Rewards $7500 / Chase Freedom $1500 (AU) /Barclaycard $750 / Fingerhut $700 / Credit One $550 / NWFCU Visa $500 / Macy's $500 / Quicksilver $500 / Kohl's $400 / J Crew $250 / Buckle $250 / Express $250

Message 3 of 12
Shokk
Established Contributor

You can call them or do it online.  Dispute as obsolete.  No way it should  still be there.  Does it show a DoFD?

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 4 of 12

It's Experian... Not Equifax. My bad. This is how it shows:

SANTANDER CONSUMER USA

Potentially Negative Closed

866-923-9282 
Mailing Address: PO BOX 961245 FT WORTH, TX 76161

Account NameSANTANDER CONSUMER USA  
Account #3000015236774XXXX  
Account TypeAuto Loan  
Balance$7,210.00  
Date Opened1/1/1999  

Account StatusClosed  
  Mo. Payment   
 Close Account DetailsPast Due$7,824.00  
  Payment StatusCharge-off  
  High Balance   
  Limit   
  TermsUnknown  
  Comments   
 24-Month Payment History 

2010         2011           2012 
MarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFeb
      KDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKDKD

Message 5 of 12
Season79
Contributor

investorrelations@santanderconsumerusa.com try to email them with the details and request for them to correct the reports. They should contact you within 72 hrs... it worked for me. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 12
pr0blumz
New Contributor

If the account went delinquent in 1999 and you did not ever bring it current, it should not be on your credit report. Dispute it as "obsolete" and it will be removed.....easy fix.
Message 7 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

One is a Collection account from 1999. It was a unpaid auto loan that went to collections and was charged off. In 2011 Santander bought the account and tried to collect on it for a year without ever contanting me. (I work in the Oil and Gas industry so I move around, ALOT)  When was it charged off and go to collections?  If it happened in 1999 it should not be on your CR.

Should Santander still be reporting something that is 15 years old?  The age of the account doesn't matter.  What is the DoFD of the account?

Should the lien still be showing up if it's been taken care of?  Tax liens stay for 7 years from date paid. 

Why would I be applying for a BOA Secured card if I didn't have dings? Isn't that why it's secured? If I had no dings, I'd apply for a actual card....

A_N

Message 8 of 12

@pr0blumz wrote:
If the account went delinquent in 1999 and you did not ever bring it current, it should not be on your credit report. Dispute it as "obsolete" and it will be removed.....easy fix.

I did using the email provided above. I am hopeful it will be addressed in the next 72 hours.

As for the Tax Lien, is there any sucessful methods to get the County to GW it from my reports?

Message 9 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@pr0blumz wrote:

I did using the email provided above. I am hopeful it will be addressed in the next 72 hours.

As for the Tax Lien, is there any sucessful methods to get the County to GW it from my reports?

Unless your state allows vacation of paid tax liens, not likely.  For some reason those are hard to remove in any state.  You can always write a GW letter to the County and see what happens.  No harm in it.

As for Santanders reporting, it appears they may have reaged it.  With the way it is reporting now it is not obsolete and disputing it is not going to help.

You can send Santander a direct dispute questioning their reporting of a debt whose DoFD is beyond the CRTP.  Include any and all documents, including old CRs showing when it initially defaulted.  Do you know when that was?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.