Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking For Advice on Credit Situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking For Advice on Credit Situation

Hello all,

I have ready probably hundreds of threads about peoples credit situations, and with all of the help that has been given, and some questions I have that I have not seen answers for, I figured I would post my situation to see what others might recommend in my situation.  I am willing to put in as much work as necessary, so even a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

When I was younger (I know we have all read this before), I just didnt keep track of my credit cards.  I started off with good credit, then it went downhill in a variety of ways.  I lost my wallet with my SS# in it (another no no I know), and to this day am not sure if there were fraudelent cards/charges.  At least one or two got behind due to my negligence since I had to repair numerour car issues.  To make a long story short, I knew my credit wasnt in good shape, and started monotering it a lot better by the begining of this year.  I currently have 2 new credit cards (low limits - one with $400 and one for $500), that I will use for grocerys and gas and pay off in full every month.  I have one older credit card with about 60% utilization that should be paid off in a month and a half.  This leads to the negatives on my report:

I pulled my transunion report, and all but 4 items are scheduled to fall off of my report in the next 10 months.  My first question is, with these items that are scheduled to fall off, is it wiser to wait for the items to fall off, or can I expedite these accounts off (these are collections accounts).

The other 4 are a mixed bag.  I had a Verizon Fios account that was under my name.  Apparently someone called and extended the length of my account (to which I had no idea).  I moved out of state and didnt get the notices so I am not sure how to tackle that account.  I have an item from my knee surgery (only around $150) that is in the red, along with two more recent credit accounts.  One is a Capital One account, to which I understand is not going to be easy to tackle. 

Long story short, any recommendations on the best way to proceed with some of these items would be greatly appreciated.  My current scored are all around the 600 mark.  I really want to raise it into the 700 region ultimately.  Also, with SOL, all of the cards in collections were when I live in Florida.  I now live in CA.  What SOL would I fall under?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: Looking For Advice on Credit Situation

Hi. In your case I would call CB and ask for early deletion in a month or two. Anyways 10 months is not long period to wait it out. But definitely try early deletion.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking For Advice on Credit Situation

Thanks for the advice/response.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the best approach for the Verizon account?  They did not turn this over to a collections agency, so I dont know how to initiate getting this taken care of

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.