Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking For Advice

tag
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Looking For Advice

Hello....should I attempt PFDs with CAs that are notorious for accepting them before paying the few collections with Portfolio Recovery that are not in the collection section of my CRs but in the other accounts section?  Portfolio is not known, as far as I can tell, for agreeing to PFDs.  I just want to start gaining some points.  Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking For Advice

If they are not in your colection section, then portfolio is reporting incorrectly.
Message 2 of 4
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

They are currently reporting in the others section as a collection account.  Is the score affect the same as if it were listed in the collections section?

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ktm214 wrote:

They are currently reporting in the others section as a collection account.  Is the score affect the same as if it were listed in the collections section?

They need to report as a collection account and cannot report as an OC as they like to do (Factoring Company) with a monthly payment history, the CFPB hasnt made a definitive ruling on this yet and a complaint to them on it sometimes gets them to report correctly. If your goal is a PFD I would hold off on the complaint as they most likely wouldnt feel like even considering it after a CFPB complaint. Scorewise I dont know if it costs more points or not. A consideration is also to be aware of the SOL on these and if inside you dont rock the boat unless you have the ability to pay in full as they can still use the courts and get a successful judgment.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.