Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Chase, Macys, BestBuy addresses to send GW

tag
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Looking for Chase, Macys, BestBuy addresses to send GW

Hi everyone,

If you happen to have GW addresses for Chase, Macys, or BestBuy please PM me.

I'm working hard to remove some of my baddies that I either paid full or settled 3 years ago, getting ready for mortgage loan.

Please PM me or reply.

Thanks in advance and God Bless.

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Need GW addresses. Please help.

you should also try to DV them, many times they are too lazy to actually attempt to pull records they probably won't even have and delete. it worked a lot for me =)

only thing that sucks is sometimes they didn't even have the legal right to collect your debt in the first place.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, try calling in the GW. Some in here had success with Chase and Macys via that method.

distantarray, DV letters are only for CAs. If OP had a CC, then they are allowed to collect if the bill was unpaid.

ETA...OP, don't always be eager to ask for deletion on a paid CO or settled TL if that's what it is. Sometimes the length of history helps more than the baddie hurts. Be sure to weigh the age in relation to the AAoA and length of history. It's possible to lose FICO points when removing an old baddie like a CO.

Message 3 of 4
pt2005
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

OP, try calling in the GW. Some in here had success with Chase and Macys via that method.

distantarray, DV letters are only for CAs. If OP had a CC, then they are allowed to collect if the bill was unpaid.

ETA...OP, don't always be eager to ask for deletion on a paid CO or settled TL if that's what it is. Sometimes the length of history helps more than the baddie hurts. Be sure to weigh the age in relation to the AAoA and length of history. It's possible to lose FICO points when removing an old baddie like a CO.

All of my accounts are settled.

BestBuy: Opened 2003

Chase: Opened 2004

BofA (3): Opened 2000, 2004, 2005

Macys: Opened 2005.

I already sent a round of GW letters to BofA. Should I continue to push the rest out?

@llecs: Now that you mentioned it, removing the old baddies may hurt more than helping? OMG. What should I do? I'm holding off the Chase, Macys, and BestBuy.

Thanks

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.