Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Goodwill Success

tag
miguy22
Established Member

Looking for Goodwill Success

My fico's are on the rise, my baddies have been mostly defeated and I feel that I've moved out of that initial where do I go from here phase and am now in phase 2, the aftermath.

My question is, does anyone have any successful information on the following last of my baddies:

Cap One - Charged Off, Sued me, Paid, Settled  2006 - 2010

Chase     - Charged off, paid off, 2006 - 2010

HSBC      - Charged off, paid off, 2006 - 2010

GEMB(American Eagle) - Charged off, paid off, 2005 - 2009

Midland Credit Management - Chase charge off, paid off 2010

West Asset Management     - Direct TV, paid off 2010

United Collections Bureau -  Medical Bill from 2006, paid in 2007

All paid off, and unfortunately they are the last of my items reporting any kind of bad information. Cap One is who I want off the most, they report fine on 2 of my reports, but on EQ they are reporting me as  90+ days late 39 times which I've disputed but that is legit.

I would just say forget about it and enjoy being in debt-free bliss BUT I start Law School in a few months and I'll need to start applying for financing so I can afford the $2000 books.  Any information on possible contacts or strategies that have worked would be greatly welcomed and likewise I would be happy to share my resources as I've battled many other companies off my reports to get down to just having these last few.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gagum129
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking for Goodwill Success

I read recently some threads on people having success with Midland. I would do a search for Midland and you might be able to find some useful info.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
fot1
Established Contributor

Re: Looking for Goodwill Success

I had two string of 90 day lates on a HSBC account that was paid off. Sent a GW leter and they deleted the tradeline. They said I was purged from the system and they had no records.

Too many to list..
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.