Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a game plan

tag
Speedwagon
Valued Member

Looking for a game plan

Just found this site today, and I see I have alot of reading to do now.  I currently have 2 outstanding debts left on my credit that aren't paid.  A little under 2 years ago, I signed up with Debt Settlement USA, not knowing what else to do at the time.  They have settled 3 major debts for me so far, with 2 still to go.  The 2 remaining debts are a Beneficial account($7700 currently due, was about $4200 when I stopped paying on DSUSAs advice), and a Citibank account(about $7500 due I believe).  Since I've already paid money to DSUSA, am I better of using them to settle the remaining debts?  Or leaving them out of the mix, and working with the last 2 debtors myself?  The Citi account is at a collection agency at the moment, and the Beneficial is a bit confusing.  Seems Beneficial is willing to work with me to an extent, though they seem to also have hired a law firm on the account already. 

I talked to Beneficial, and they offered:  20% of amount due up front, then monthly payments.  Or, about 70% settlement, spread out up to 90 days(which I really can't safely afford).  I don't know if it's possible, but I'd like to be in a position to get a house in the near future.  Current highest score was about a 580 in June.

So, any advice on what might be the best way to proceed with these last 2 accounts while I go find more reading material on here?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.