Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a good score boost

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a good score boost

I'm looking to increase my credit scores, as I'm finally taking responsibility for them.  

I have two credit cards: 

CapitalOne secured limit of $300 with a zero balance that I have been using 15% of each month and paying in full (since May 2014). 

GapCard limit of $200 with a zero balance

I have 3 collection agencies reporting open accounts:

Enhanced Recovery for Sprint in 2010: $396

Chapman Financial for ER bill in 2014: $208

NAR Inc for ER bill in 2014: $100

I also have two collection agencies that I paid in full earlier this year. They remain on CR but show zero balance and paid in full. 

My scores per myFICO are currently 624, 625, and 633, respectively. This is an increase from May when they were in the 570s! 

I'm not familiar with DV, GW, or PFD formatting of letters. To be honest, I get really nervous when trying to negotiate with CAs, as my experiences have all been pretty terrible. 

What can I do to get some more points? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking for a good score boost

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking to increase my credit scores, as I'm finally taking responsibility for them.  

I have two credit cards: 

CapitalOne secured limit of $300 with a zero balance that I have been using 15% of each month and paying in full (since May 2014). 

GapCard limit of $200 with a zero balance

I have 3 collection agencies reporting open accounts:

Enhanced Recovery for Sprint in 2010: $396

Chapman Financial for ER bill in 2014: $208

NAR Inc for ER bill in 2014: $100

I also have two collection agencies that I paid in full earlier this year. They remain on CR but show zero balance and paid in full. 

My scores per myFICO are currently 624, 625, and 633, respectively. This is an increase from May when they were in the 570s! 

I'm not familiar with DV, GW, or PFD formatting of letters. To be honest, I get really nervous when trying to negotiate with CAs, as my experiences have all been pretty terrible. 

What can I do to get some more points? 

I would start by writing GW letters to the CAs asking for forgiveness and deletion of the entries, you can find info on how to write the letters here http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/224981

I would also reduce the balance that reports to the bureau to below 10% on the card you are letting report every month. For those medical collections I would be searching for the HIPAA Process and looking into it. I would start with a DV to Enhanced Recovery or give Sprint a call and ask them to recall the collection and settle with them in full. Welcome to MF and good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.