Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for advice based on my current credit picture

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for advice based on my current credit picture

I am looking to get a pre-approved for a mortgage soon and so I pulled my TU score from this site and it is currently 680.

It told me "the Bad' was my credit card debt, it was 7050/7200 max.

I brought it down to 0/1200, 0/600 and 950/3300 for a total of 950/5100  ( 1 company immediately killed my credit limit upon my paying the balance down to 0)

I am a student and have 6100 of deferred loans.

I have a car loan with 2500/15900 remaining.

My oldest account is 10 years, which is the 950/3300 cap one card, ave is 5 years over 13 different accounts.

I have 2 negatives on my account:

1: verizon 60$ - May 2006, This was a mistake on verizons account from something... the date is when I signed up for a family plan, they somehow made a mistake on the second line and as I recall I had to sign the papers twice.  I disputed it on my report, but think I will send them a GW letter, because I still have my active family plan and have paid between 100-150 per month for the last 5 years, and 60 bucks is pretty insignificant compared to the 6-9k dollars ive made them in service.

2: Collection by NCO/ Sbc  - 188$ - listed on report as 4/20/07, but happened 4/20/06, and havnt paid them since then.  This was due to not having service long enough - They gave me a 200$ fee for not having service for 1 year, when in reality I paid for 1 year, but since I moved before the date was up they credited my account 12$ and then gave me a 200$ fee (jackasses...)  

I was planning on DV''ing them and if I get a response trying to PFD, but all of the links in the the sticky about DV are dead.

Can these get corrected please =)

Any advice on what my next step should be?  Maybe a friendly contact E-mail for verizon?   I as hoping to be able to walk into a bank and get a non-FHA loan sometime in June, I will have aout 10% down for a 125k home.

Oh Yes, I'm in Ohio and am having a hard time telling if the SOL on the NCO account is up in 6 or 4 years... I never signed anything, if I recall my GF at the time was home when they set up the install, and she would have signed.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking for advice based on my current credit picture

@Anonymous wrote:

I am looking to get a pre-approved for a mortgage soon and so I pulled my TU score from this site and it is currently 680.

It told me "the Bad' was my credit card debt, it was 7050/7200 max.

I brought it down to 0/1200, 0/600 and 950/3300 for a total of 950/5100  ( 1 company immediately killed my credit limit upon my paying the balance down to 0)

I am a student and have 6100 of deferred loans.

I have a car loan with 2500/15900 remaining.

My oldest account is 10 years, which is the 950/3300 cap one card, ave is 5 years over 13 different accounts.

I have 2 negatives on my account:

1: verizon 60$ - May 2006, This was a mistake on verizons account from something... the date is when I signed up for a family plan, they somehow made a mistake on the second line and as I recall I had to sign the papers twice.  I disputed it on my report, but think I will send them a GW letter, because I still have my active family plan and have paid between 100-150 per month for the last 5 years, and 60 bucks is pretty insignificant compared to the 6-9k dollars ive made them in service.

2: Collection by NCO/ Sbc  - 188$ - listed on report as 4/20/07, but happened 4/20/06, and havnt paid them since then.  This was due to not having service long enough - They gave me a 200$ fee for not having service for 1 year, when in reality I paid for 1 year, but since I moved before the date was up they credited my account 12$ and then gave me a 200$ fee (jackasses...)  

I was planning on DV''ing them and if I get a response trying to PFD, but all of the links in the the sticky about DV are dead.

Can these get corrected please =)

Any advice on what my next step should be?  Maybe a friendly contact E-mail for verizon?   I as hoping to be able to walk into a bank and not get an FHA loan sometime in June, I will have aout 10% down for a 125k home.

Hi Dingas and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with a link. That does happen from time to to time. I'll try to find out something for you but I want to make sure we're on the same page. Are you talking about the thread titled  What Steps Do I Take? Do I DV? PFD?

And within that thread it says this: Send a DV letter CMRRR. See this link.

I assume that's what you mean. The link is definitely not working. I will contact an administartor about this.

-Marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep, thats the link i was looking at.

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I've contacted an administrator and they are looking into the problem. I will let you know when I hear anything.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

!!!!!!!

When the company killed my credit limit I was able to view my experian report, and I disputed both listed issues, I was getting my DV letter ready so I repulled the report ( i saved the report number) and Now, only 4 days later, the NCO is gone from the report.  Does this mean I won and it is gone for good?  I suppose I need to go to TU and EQ and do the same.

Edit:  It is not longer on my TU report, and since I did not dispute it through TU this makes me smile.

Message 5 of 6
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I've contacted an administrator and they are looking into the problem. I will let you know when I hear anything.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

We found the issue and have updated the "What Steps Do I Take? Do I DV? PFD?" topic and fixed the broken link for "Send a DV letter CMRRR. See this link."

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

mod.moose
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.