Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for advice to rebound from a 513 score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for advice to rebound from a 513 score

Hi all!
I've decided to join this forum after a few days of reading over posts. Due to a lack of responsibility in my early 20's, I now have very bad credit. I thought for years that this was a hopeless situation, but after my days of browsing these pages, I have hope of good, maybe even great credit someday. I know this will be a long process, but it's something I'm fully committed to. My problem is, where do I start?
Here are the finer points of my credit report:
37 negative items (all but a few have been charged off or are in collection; the amounts are mostly small, less than $500 each)
My government student loans are also currently in default (and in collections, I believe)
2 open accounts in good standing (my Wells Fargo student loan & a store charge card)

Ugly, I know. Any guidance/suggestions is/are greatly appreciated. My goal is to be creditworthy by 30 (3 years from now).

Thanks so much!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for advice to rebound from a 513 score

First of all, welcome to the forum.

You already started by comming here.   Please post more info about the accounts, who they are with, amounts etc.  Also you need to figure out how much money you have to work with and I would try to keep the accounts that haven't gone into collections from doing so.  Also make sure that the accounts in collect are really yours so I would have those debts verified first.

My problems with credit was debt related so others would be better to help with collections and the student loan.

Don't give up and you can rebound from any credit problem.   

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 3
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Re: Looking for advice to rebound from a 513 score

For the federal loans, call and see if they are eligible for loan rehab. This allows you to pay a certain amount for 10 months and then "resets" them removing the negatives involving them.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.