Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for codal citation - re OC rights to have CA remove

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Looking for codal citation - re OC rights to have CA remove

Im still fighting with J&J exterminating.  They agreed to remove collection and after a couple weeks I called back.  They haven't removed yet because they have been talking with CA that had done their reporting.  If OC still owns the debt, what codal citations can I give them that stands for the position that they have authority to order the CA to remove the listing?  (I assume that if they don't own the debt then they can only ask the CA to remove and that the CA is under no obligation.)

Thanks

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Looking for codal citation - re OC rights to have CA remove

There is none.

The debt collector is authorized to report their collection on a debt.  It is their reporting.  The OC has no legal or regulatory authority to compel another party to delete their accurate credit reporting.

The OC is required to notify the debt collector that the debt is paid.  The debt collector is then required to update their reported collection to $0 balance under collection, and close the collection.  The OC can make a request of the debt collector that they delete their reporting, but cannot compel it.

I would send a GW to the debt collector.

Message 2 of 3
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for codal citation - re OC rights to have CA remove

I just talked with them.  OC gave me persons name who they dealt with higher up the chain.  He informed me that they would fax me a deletion letter today.  I'll post when (if) this happens.  If it does, this will remove 1 of my remaining 2 accounts in the collections section.  The other one is still in dispute status (expected date 7/10).

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.