Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for ideas to rebuild my credit/raise my credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for ideas to rebuild my credit/raise my credit score

Currently in the process of rebuilding my credit after years of not knowing about credit/going on over a year and half of trying to do this on my own. Started with a score of 555 and currently am sitting at 640 area. I now have three department store cards (Nordstrom, VS, and Buckle) i aslo have four credit cards (Capital One Secured, Capital One Platinum, Buy Power Card, and today was approved for Discover It card credit. I took out a car loan three months ago through Capital One Auto Navigator i was approved for 21000 with a high APR, i plan to pay it down some and refiance. I paid off one student loan and am in the process of paying monthly on the other.. it isnt much about 3000. I am in the process of wanting to get my scores in the 700 and apply for a house loan within a year. I know to keep my DTI low, and paying as much of my car loan off would be ideal and keep my credit use on my cards low as well i am just looking for advice to get this ball rolling a little faster. Any ideas would be apprecaited. 

P.S sorry for the sloppy post i am currently at work on break so i needed to type fast!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for ideas to rebuild my credit/raise my credit score

I forgot to mention i had several collection accounts from Medical/my student loans defaulted (these are years and years old) and i went into a repayment program to bring them to date (my student loans) and they are now currently standing good with Navient (i paid off one and currently have one remaining). I also closed my account i had opened with Credit One in good standing. (it was my second credit card and felt i had no use for it as i refuse to pay a yearly fee).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.